Wheel Bearings Service w/Pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You are correct, I used the “D” size which is 2.4mm. However, after driving a few miles while trying to diagnose this latest issue and letting the grease in the bearings settle, I believe I could fit “C” 2.6mm snap ring. I do plan on changing to “C” after fixing my latest issue.
Forger, sit rep please. Did you get a new front diff and fix the issue?

Forger, sit rep please. Did you get a new front diff and fix the issue?
Oops my bad forgot to update! From what my trusted mechanic told me the splines on the inboard part of the axle (that goes into the diff) were chewed up. Wish I had pictures but I didn’t have the time to do that side myself. Passenger axle was replaced and all is good now. Tried to get my hands on a Harrop/Eaton elocker but my local off-road shop (that just so happens to specialize in cruisers) was 4+wks out on getting their next shipment. I needed it like yesterday so I decided to put it off for a while when things calmed down a bit and the wallet recovers. I just closed on a new house and have been consumed (time and $$$) with getting it move-in ready. I needed it ASAP for hauling flooring, furniture, tools, etc… Has been fantastic ever since the new axle replacement. Now knowing that I have 2 new OEM CV’s, bearings, brakes, seals, and u-joints is a comforting feeling as well as a pleasure to drive!

ED85C7ED-2669-4632-8558-8F2ED6C174AD.jpeg

344EE218-139F-4FFA-8286-55A831958F29.jpeg

On a completely unrelated note: I did get to have a little fun. I’ve been working on a new design for a Level 3 rated ballistic door over the past few months, and my design was finally approved and I received my UL 752 Rating. It took 15rds of .44 magnum lead slug from 15ft with no penetration (only needed 3rds to pass). Even included 2 rounds in the exact same location circled in red which only caused a 2mm dimple on the top skin. All other rounds didn’t even make it all the way through the bottom skin. Next goal is Level 7 to withstand 5.56mm FMJ!

9B9AA28D-C4FB-4629-B22B-DC5E24AC98C7.jpeg

867850CE-532F-47D2-B08E-1D7C935C5809.jpeg

E5884879-47D7-495F-AAE7-FB06127467EB.jpeg

On a completely unrelated note: I did get to have a little fun. I’ve been working on a new design for a Level 3 rated ballistic door over the past few months, and my design was finally approved and I received my UL 752 Rating. It took 15rds of .44 magnum lead slug from 15ft with no penetration (only needed 3rds to pass). Even included 2 rounds in the exact same location circled in red which only caused a 2mm dimple on the top skin. All other rounds didn’t even make it all the way through the bottom skin. Next goal is Level 7 to withstand 5.56mm FMJ!

View attachment 2761425

View attachment 2761423

View attachment 2761424
Awesome update and congrats on the new house and Door certification. I hope you it translates into huge sales for you.

I didn’t want to risk it and went ahead and changed to my backup seal. The seal puller I used tore the first one but no big deal. This is where I’m at now. Right at about 1mm protruding beyond the diff tube. First pic is shot from directly underneath looking up, you can just barely see the lip of the seal. Think this is good?

View attachment 2682759

View attachment 2682761

View attachment 2682760

I know it's been a while, but any leaks from this seal? There are a number of threads scattered all over here about this, but yours looks seated to the exact depth as mine...
I'm fairly confident mine won't leak but just wanted to know how yours has held up!

I know it's been a while, but any leaks from this seal? There are a number of threads scattered all over here about this, but yours looks seated to the exact depth as mine...
I'm fairly confident mine won't leak but just wanted to know how yours has held up!
None whatsoever! I’ve been very happy with how everything went back together leak and creak free hah

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom