Whats up with running boards? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I see that people either recommend removing them or removing them. Why?
I personally OK with a look of them. If no sliders being installed - then why remove them? Can't figure out valid reason

I use em, keeps the muck off the body

I haven't experienced an issue keeping them, but i have an lx with 33" tires and with the push of a button can get an extra 2".

Now if you have a standard height LC then you might need to replace if going to areas where those can get hit.

My kids need it to get into car and i haven't experienced an offroad situation where i need them maybe when I damage I'll regret not getting sliders, i stick to moderate trails to experience scenic locations and don't do any type of rock crawling that's why I have a dirtbike for the adrenaline rush if want to challenge myself. Plus it's annoying being spotted off of every tire movement when doing hard trails.

They work well for children gettin in and out

Ok. Got it. I don't go places where I can bottom out those. I am OK with looks. Let them be :)
Are they "lighted" on all years? Mine don't seem to glow
No they are not all lighted.

If you off road, sliders are a must. I've wheeled trails I shouldn't have without sliders, and only once did it cost me (Golden Spike in a Jeep ZJ on a 2" spacer lift, came down wrong and banged up the quarter panel....I sold it with that dent).

I wheeled my LX for two years without sliders and luckily only bent it (and that was with a lift and 34"s). This year, I hit the Metaltechs a few times on Devil's Racetrack and I'm glad I installed them prior to the trip or the ZJ wouldn't have been my only vehicle with $1k+ worth of damage...

Rock Sliders are one of the"boringest" mods you can do, but it's arguably the most important. Do it before front/rear bumpers (you can easily swap out a damaged factory bumper, you can't easily swap out a dented rocker panel).

Now I need to figure out how to tie in dimmable LEDs into the factory LX bumper lighting harness. That would be cool on my sliders. I miss the lighted LX steps.

If you off road, sliders are a must. I've wheeled trails I shouldn't have without sliders, and only once did it cost me (Golden Spike in a Jeep ZJ on a 2" spacer lift, came down wrong and banged up the quarter panel....I sold it with that dent).

I wheeled my LX for two years without sliders and luckily only bent it (and that was with a lift and 34"s). This year, I hit the Metaltechs a few times on Devil's Racetrack and I'm glad I installed them prior to the trip or the ZJ wouldn't have been my only vehicle with $1k+ worth of damage...

Rock Sliders are one of the"boringest" mods you can do, but it's arguably the most important. Do it before front/rear bumpers (you can easily swap out a damaged factory bumper, you can't easily swap out a dented rocker panel).

Now I need to figure out how to tie in dimmable LEDs into the factory LX bumper lighting harness. That would be cool on my sliders. I miss the lighted LX steps.

Like this?

Had mine on for 20 years and we do some serious trails. Bent them a couple of times but they straighten out (sort of). Not cheap to replace with OEM (at least not here in Australia) but ebay has some cheaper ones that look OK if you like the look.

The wife didn't like them, so they got ditched

"Damage Multipliers"

Same family as brush guards. Without them, you probably would've cleared that obstacle. Instead, they've created interference and pushed into that body panel.

These are Land Cruisers. They're not minivans. Stick on some fender garnish, minivan tires and minivan steps and well, a Land Cruiser starts to look like a minivan.

Other than a 1/2" TB twist, these 100s are the same.
Screen Shot 2019-09-17 at 7.20.13 PM.png

Okay they’re land cruisers - but you should know that my 2 year old can fight!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom