Rough Value of my 1997 FJ80... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm a bit heartbroken. My 1997 (U.S.) FJ80 that I've had since new now has two bad cylinders. It has 294K miles and has been a great machine. The rear two cylinders are getting no compression. It's time to move on, and I'm looking to figure out the rough value of the vehicle as-is. It is in decent condition for its age. It needs tires, a front bumper, and it has some dings but no collisions. At 270K I had the head gasket replaced and the head redone.

Any idea what this should sell for roughly?

Thanks for any help and I'm happy to answer any questions.

Is that an easy/inexpensive fix? That gasket was pretty recently replaced but I don't know much abut these kinds of things.
Not easy or inexpensive if you are getting a shop to perform, however since you have a recently reworked head I personally would consider getting an estimate to install a new Toyota short block since you have owned since new and sounds like you wanted to keep it.

As far as value that would largely depend on the condition of everything else and if it has factory locked axles.

Solid rust free bodies and frames with locked axles sell pretty easily and for likely several thousand dollars, more money than they should, but would be a good candidate for a new short block or an LS conversion!!!

I'm a bit heartbroken. My 1997 (U.S.) FJ80 that I've had since new now has two bad cylinders. It has 294K miles and has been a great machine. The rear two cylinders are getting no compression. It's time to move on, and I'm looking to figure out the rough value of the vehicle as-is. It is in decent condition for its age. It needs tires, a front bumper, and it has some dings but no collisions. At 270K I had the head gasket replaced and the head redone.

Any idea what this should sell for roughly?

Thanks for any help and I'm happy to answer any questions.
You have 24K miles on a replaced head gasket.

Was there any warranty provided when the shop replaced it previously? Normally this items lasts hundreds of thousands of miles.

Otherwise, it can range from $500 to $8000 with a bad HG depending on the vehicle condition and who is eager to buy a vehicle with a known blown HG.

In operable condition, it could be worth $60,000.04.

Pm me I’ll sell you a rebuilt motor! swap it in and drive it another 300k!!! Where in Oregon are you? I might be interested in purchasing if you don’t want to deal with fixing it.

Pm me I’ll sell you a rebuilt motor! swap it in and drive it another 300k!!! Where in Oregon are you? I might be interested in purchasing if you don’t want to deal with fixing it.
I am in Klamath Falls. I don't think I want to deal with it.

A friend paid $6k recently for a running, drivable '94 80 series. I can't imagine a high mileage rig is worth more with a bad engine and dinged up body, even though it is a '97.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom