What's the handle on your rig? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RedHeadedStepChild

Proudly wearing my MC1R mutation!
Threads
The conversations around Grilled Cheese in a recent thread, and The Whore in another, has lead me to start this thread.
What is your rig's name and what is the origin story?

I currently have:

1981 BJ44 The Jalopy - named by a jealous wife tired of the time and money being spent on the truck.
That and the fact that it's a god damned Jalopy.

2003 LX470 Jolene - bought at a Land Rover dealer. When I was surrounded by oh-so-sexy super model vehicles that I couldn't rely on, I picked the big boned gal who was good in the kitchen and would never let me down. Jolene.

Sold now. 2001 4Runner Macleod.
It was a Highlander. Immortal. There can be only one!

My kids named all mine. Mama's LR4 they called the Swagon, or swagger wagon, one look at my land cruiser and it was Bruiser, my old GTI with APR stage 2 was Seal, because everytime you accelerated hard (well, all the time really), a baby seal died clubbed by the sound. The white diesel golf was Huevo, or egg in espaneech, and Luigi the Fiat 500.

Yeah, they are wicked boys.

Girls named the new white truck yeti. White beast with crazy exhaust.

80 is Sparkly Car....named by my daughter. 100 is named White Walker....by John Snow.

IMG_1849.GIF

my daughter named mine "Dipty" which is short for Serendipity, due to the adventures we have found in it.

My 40 is Dozer. Only a story to be told around a campfire with alcohol.

:)

Biscuit, named by Rice. Possibly because it's big and fluffy and brown like a biscuit? You'll have to ask him.

I named my 40 "Blue Steel" based on a Zoolander reference. Even got a custom shift knob for my torque splitter with Ben Stiller's face doing the blue steel pose.

Probably ok that I don't have a name for the 60 since ill likely sell it at some point.

Last edited:
I've got the original Crockpot now. The name will stay with the truck as a tribute to the PO and all the other folks who took part in wrenching on it and naming it. I could never change the name.

Also I have a brown FJ60. It looks like a turd and is as slow as a turtle. It's called "The Turdle."

My wife's LX470 doesn't have a name. If it ever gets a name it will be "Eat Sh@t and Die, Mark Levinson."

My 4Runner was named a long time ago by one of my best friends. He said "Well, it's gold (kinda), and you're probably gonna put all your money in it, so it should be Fort Knox." And so it was.

The 40 doesn't have a name. I thought about it a few times over the years, but nothing ever grabbed me, so it has just been "The 40" or "The Cruiser".

Haven't come up with anything for the Tundra yet. Maybe "Tex", since it was built in Texas....I dunno....

My 80 is Jockstrap, its tough, supportive, and somewhat uncomfortable.

I guess I am strange cause I have always had female names for all my my vehicles dating back to my very first car which was a 1993 Twin Turbo 300zx. Also, the names depend on counties of orgin. As such, my LX is named Keiko which was named by my son Boston.

Moonshine - when I bought her, I was looking for a name, came across "white lightning" from Grease because she was white and not at all fast. I thought I was clever, but it was a mouthful. Next day, I watched a documentary about moonshiners (before the stupid TV shows) and one of the 'shiners had a product called "White Lightning". Made the connection and the name has forever since been Moonshine.

Project Mayhem - My Ferd - Fight Club reference, because it's another ongoing project, has violent power and a lot of unexpected difficulties :lol:

I guess I am strange cause I have always had female names for all my my vehicles dating back to my very first car which was a 1993 Twin Turbo 300zx. Also, the names depend on counties of orgin. As such, my LX is named Keiko which was named by my son Boston.

Your son Boston, where was he conceived?

Reminds me of an Ali G interview where he found out that David Beckam's kid was named Brooklyn since that's where he was conceived. "If me and me Julie had a kid, his name would be Langly Village.... Well, his full name would be the bogs at KFC in Langly Village"....

Classic comedy gold:

My first cruiser was "the Troopy" because it was a Troopy.

The 100 is called Sgt Pepper as a play on the white color and tribute to The Beetles album.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom