What's the forum consensus on brakes these days? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Front DBA 4000
Rear Powerstop cryo'ed slotted rotors
EBC yellow stuff truck pads all around.

I had the DBA's in back but let a pad get too low. DBA's were out of stock so I got the Powerstops to replace them. I've been happy with both. I have liked the slotted rotors, they seem to fad less than my old solid OEM's. I've run the OEM pads with the slots and like the bite of the EBC's better as well. My front DBA's have over 80K on them working on the 3rd set of pads. Never needed to be turned.

Just my .02 with a heavy assed truck in the mountains towing regularly as well.

I'm now pushing 200,000 miles on a pair of rear DBA rotors with EBC Greenstuff pads (second or third set?). 40,000 miles on front DBA rotors with OEM 100 series pads. I've also experienced less fade in hot weather in stop and go traffic with the DBA rotors compared to the original solid rotors, the vehicle stops very well every time I press on the pedal with my current setup. FWIW.

I have the DBA's 4x4 Survival series T3 rotors front and rear. I have only had them for 3,500 miles but couldn't be happier so far. I run the 100 series pads up front.
Hello, I have the same rotors with the 100 pads up front. Now a question comes to my mind: Which pads are better? OEM or DBA Kevlar?

I doubt there's any problem using OEM rotors (and indeed OEM pads) though I've had good use with Bendix 4wd pads and currently running RDA slotted front rotors with RDA Extreme 105 series pads. But I'm chasing up a pulsation in the brake pedal and suspect I have a warped rotor though not sure yet why.

I'm possibly going to replace the rotors with new OEM ones if they are warped. ..... I've just been checking this and it's difficult to tell. Both front rotors seem to have a small amount of variability in their 'grab' as I rotate them. But I'm without a dial indicator so it's really just checking carefully by eye with a light and steel rule held against the outer surface of each front rotor.

The DB1365 105 series type pads appear to have even wear (basically very little). The calipers I bought used, pulled apart and rebuilt around 5 yrs ago when I upgraded from smaller to bigger front brakes.

Out of interest, I'm curious to know whether anyone would consider going back to proper 80 series front pads if they're currently using 105 series front pads?

Last edited:
Anything but Powerstop. The build construction and casting are garbage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom