Ticking sound front driver side on my 02 lx470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys. I been hearing this sound for like half a year now. It didn’t get louder. It didn’t bother that bad. But I wanna fix it. I went through a shop they roughly look at it said it’s lifter. I’ll post the sound under this thread. I really hope is some exhaust manifold which most people had issue with. Any quick tip for checking the sound.

The 2UZ does not have lifters so it can’t be that.

Could be a crack in your exhaust manifold. You can use a shop vacuum and some soapy water to diagnose when it is cold, but you will need to remove the heat shield to get full access.

The other thing it could be would be a spark plug that is backing out. Have you ever replaced them? Would be a good idea to check them because you really don’t want one blowing out of the head.

Definitely sounds like the manifold to me. I replaced mine about a year and a half ago. It's kind of a pain in the butt on the drivers side but not too bad.

thank you guys. Since it’s the manifold. I’ll cranked it up for more miles.

Yes I did spark plus last yeah when I bought the car. As long as there’s no engine issue imm good with deal with the sound. Is there Any other issue that could possible with this sound?
The 2UZ does not have lifters so it can’t be that.

Could be a crack in your exhaust manifold. You can use a shop vacuum and some soapy water to diagnose when it is cold, but you will need to remove the heat shield to get full access.

The other thing it could be would be a spark plug that is backing out. Have you ever replaced them? Would be a good idea to check them because you really don’t want one blowing out of the head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom