what wiper blades to use (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

spent some time today up in the high country....the oem blade just plain blew chunks. iced up, didn't wipe clean. the piaa's performed great! piaa on the left, oem on the right

more details of todays trip are here http://risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?p=90198&posted=1#post90198
wiper.JPG
wiper two.JPG

Last edited:
Have not tried PIAA or oem but for me trico and anco sucks. Have Bosch Icons on now and so far have performed great. Very quiet and streak free. Bosch had a deal if you bought a pair ($17ea) you got a $15 mail in rebate, thought what the heck. Will see long term. Having trouble finding one for the back.

PIAA Here.. But don't forget to treat the 'shield with the stuff that comes with!

the bosch icon's are a really great blade.

I had these on my old truck:

Silicone Blades

Never replaced them in 3 years and they kept working great.

They are pricey, and I am by heart a cheap ass and thus haven't gotten them for the 80 yet. Just sticking with OEM which seem to work okay.

I had these on my old truck:

Silicone Blades

Never replaced them in 3 years and they kept working great.

They are pricey, and I am by heart a cheap ass and thus haven't gotten them for the 80 yet. Just sticking with OEM which seem to work okay.

Which model you select .. in the website webform looks like no model are available for 80 series ..

I choose PIAA silincon blades .. pricey too .. around 25bucks ea .. but are definately great. And here in Panamá we see a lot's of rain.

Which model you select .. in the website webform looks like no model are available for 80 series ..

are you going through the application chart? it showed a bunch of options for my 95?

are you going through the application chart? it showed a bunch of options for my 95?

my bad .. I only see in the main page at the search engine that they have there ..

I've used only OEMs on the truck, but here are some alternatives:

Alternatives to OEMs

They have the Bosch Micro Edges & Icons for more than 50% off MSRP.

Just put some Valeo Ultimates on my wife's car. They are working great so far (~3 months). We'll see how well they hold up. They were buy one get one free at Tirerack (~$20).

I'm running RAINX on mine. I'm pleased with the performance so far, although I've yet to test it in icy or snowy conditons.

Silblade brand Silblade and now Flexblades on all of my vehicles since 1998. On all but one set the blades have lasted five years or more. The only wipers I've warrantied were a set of the original design Silblades because the frames corroded, no questions asked. Yes, they are more expensive but you get what you pay for. IIRC the early wipers sold for nearly $30 each and the last set I purchased were ~$19 each. Sounds like a sales pitch but we're all looking for the best product out there. I believe these are very similar to the PIAA or Bosch blades but made in America.

Silblade brand Silblade and now Flexblades on all of my vehicles since 1998. On all but one set the blades have lasted five years or more. The only wipers I've warrantied were a set of the original design Silblades because the frames corroded, no questions asked. Yes, they are more expensive but you get what you pay for. IIRC the early wipers sold for nearly $30 each and the last set I purchased were ~$19 each. Sounds like a sales pitch but we're all looking for the best product out there. I believe these are very similar to the PIAA or Bosch blades but made in America.

+1 on the Silblades - easily the best I've ever used. We are right at 5 yrs on my wife's CR-V Silblades (3 yrs in the snow/rust belt, 2 yrs in NC), and they were starting to streak recently. I cleaned them w/ alcohol and they are like new wipers again.

I warranteed a set on my former Mini w/ no hassle - also due to corrosion. The replacements on my Mini (and those on the CR-V) had/have not corroded at all.

what size wiper blades are you guys all using? Are you staying with the stock size or are you going plus 1? I was going to order a set of the valco's on the internet today. also anyone know the exact size of the toyota oem blades? The ones on my truck now seem to be about an inch or two too small all around, but maybe thats just how they are from the factory.
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom