what to do with my 70 series rag top. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

when has anyone taken mods off a truck like a snorkel,suspension, turbo, etc.

Once it's on it pretty much aint never going back to stock. my .02

what you say is true, when it comes to snorkels, suspension and engine mods...
that is why i am looking at a factory snorkel to maintain the factory look but realisticly, you are correct, other than the bumper, all the mods would end up going with the truck to the new owner...

reverse those changes .. sorry Wayne, but If I made all mods that you plan, I never think in back to stock this cruiser .. !

I love your numbers 170 turbo propane ! :grinpimp:

man oh man the truck arrived yesterday, passed the OOP with just a burnt out head light (pre DTRL requirement) but will be changing them out to LHD headlights anyway.
the truck is just too nice, damn it, i was hoping to find a serious flaw, one that would allow me to easily make up my mind on what to do with it...

showed it off to a couple buddies to get their opinion but they didn't help me much...
the rubber floor mats are in EXCELLENT shape, the seats have no tears and just one flaw in the passenger side. all the panels are perfect... damn, damn, what to do...

the glass is perfect as is the dash, a new top is on it's way...
and i have all these parts sitting here...

<shrug, oh well Berni has said nothing can be done till we get back from Ontario>

(anyone want an ultra clean BJ70 ragtop with 20,500 km on it?)

I drove that POS this morning. Nothing special really. You should part it out. :p

Seriously, its as much like a brand new truck as I can imagine and yet not so terribly different than my mostly stock BJ70 with 540,000kms.

I understand your conundrum, Wayne. If ever there was a BJ70 that belonged in a museum this would be the one. OTOH I'm not sure any Cruiser belongs in a museum.

Hey Wayne,

Glad to hear its so clean.
I gotta come out to Calgary one weekend and go for a trip with you guys.

I would love to see the 70 as well.
As for what to do with it?
Hmm, good question. If is as perfect as you say (which I believe), you could drive it for a bit (summer pavment princess only) and sell it. Use it, enjoy it, then sell it to a collector. Someone will pay lots for it. If you can hang onto it until its 25 years old (so it can go to the US) you could make quite a few bucks, as well as enjoy it in the meantime.

So my opinion for what its worth: Drive it for a few years around town for pleasure use only. Keep it in the same shape and keep it orginal, right down to the tires. Maybe even put different rims/rubber on it while you drive it, and keep the current stuff in the same shape. Only take it out on nice dry summer days. Keep the KM's low and the condition high, and flip it in 2012 when it can go to the US.

Keep your PZJ70 for wheeling and fun.

Cheers,
Nick

BTW: Post some more pics when you have a chance.

the PZJ70 is my wheeling rig...
i hav ehad this discussion with Bruce and neither one of us really are the "drive on sunny sunday" type of truck owners... i really don't know why i keep doing this to myself...

it sure would look nice all done up...

the truck came off the train yesterday, OOP passed and off to the shine shop. we removed the soft top for a real good cleaning and as we were doing so the top disinigrated so this is what she looks like for now...
(new factory top is on its way)
updated pics:
BJ70 rag top 001.jpg
BJ70 rag top 002.jpg
BJ70 rag top 003.jpg

some more:
mint door panels, dash and seats. the passenger seat has a stain on it...
BJ70 rag top 004.jpg
BJ70 rag top 005.jpg
BJ70 rag top 006.jpg

more:
the factory rubber floor mat is like new with no signs of wear anywhere...
BJ70 rag top 007.jpg
BJ70 rag top 008.jpg
BJ70 rag top 009.jpg

and more:
the factory original split rims and an odometer that shows the 20,300 original km. this is an accident free rig to boot...
BJ70 rag top 013.jpg
BJ70 rag top 010.jpg
BJ70 rag top 012.jpg

and some more:
an engine bay that shines like new (but still not as nice as Moose's...
BJ70 rag top 015.jpg
BJ70 rag top 016.jpg
BJ70 rag top 017.jpg

final for now:
more door panel shots and the vin plate...

if anyone wants to see more just tell me what and i will try to take some more pics...
BJ70 rag top 014.jpg
BJ70 rag top 018.jpg
BJ70 rag top 019.jpg

WOW Wayne!
That is one mighty clean, nice looking rig!

If you don't want to Sunday drive it. I would try and sell it.
Maybe try and sell that baby back to Toyota, or a collector.
Maybe they can import it for show only?
Jay Leno maybe (half serious).

Nice find!

Cheers.

BTW: What is that small red wire coming off that battery? OEM?
It looks like a 12v tap for something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom