what to do with my 70 series rag top. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BTW, one thing i always disliked was how the safari snorkel stuck up when the windsheild was down... well the factory setup you can remove the upper section..
<hummmph...>

man, i really wish you never posted that link... i just can't get those pics out of my head...

:D

I have studied those pics many times the last two year. Not easy to find similar cars like this in Japanese web pages. Usually the pics are so small. The guy bought the car brand new in 2000 but haven't updated the web page since Jan 2002.

Good luck with the BJ70!

A friend of mine have a -77 BJ40 with 38000 km on the odometer. Looks brand new

man, i really wish you never posted that link... i just can't get those pics out of my head...

:D :lol:

Wayne .. one thing impress me, front coils !!!!! :eek: is the same chiasis and suspension as FZJ-71 and all 71 models . ?

With ya on that. I cant seem to get them out of beady little brain either. Thanks for the offer Wayne. I cant take you up on it until near the end of Oct. though.

Karl

okay, so the decision was to leave the 87 rag top stock and this decision was made much easier last night.
i purchased a 1991 red soft top 70. this one is also pretty nice but it has features that make it more acceptable to modify.

85,000 k (instead of 20,000 k)
PZ (instead of the 3B)
both had 5 speeds
this one has AC (which doesn't turn me on)
this one has the lift already
this one has the front and rear lockers (which i am told is very rare on a rag top early 70 series)
it is a rare factory red (which i am told there wasn't many of most were white or grey)
no winch (so i can use my custom bumper and winch)

so all in all this should be a better candidate for a modified unit...now all i need to do is get it over here. i might need to get a container, anyone want to split the cost?

cheers
5K58215659F.jpg
5K58215659R.jpg

Wooooo!!!

Wayne another great looking truck.. Lucky Dog...:eek:
Your making me drool!!!;)

How many trucks will a container hold?:D

thanks Richard,
the 40 foot will hold 3, i have a 81 and the rag top to come over. what cha thinking?
email me direct at
wayne@crushersrule.com
cheers

Ummm, why do ya need a container? Are all the RO/RO ships busy bringing the 2007s over?

-kevin

RORO has been very difficult to secure for the last year. i was surprised when my other ragtop got space within 2 weeks. some have been lucky and had their vehicles shipped quickly but i know of importers that have been waiting many months to get their units shipped over.
container shipping is twice what RORO costs and the chance of damages is actually higher if the "stuffing " company is sloppy or the destuffing company is careless. i have heard and seen pics of some bad damages using containers. this makes me nervous when you have high end units coming over. if they are middle of the road or low end units then the risk is much more acceptable.
cheers

nah, they will always be rare, i have seen very few at the auctions. this is now what... maybe 6?? in all of North America?

okay, so the decision was to leave the 87 rag top stock and this decision was made much easier last night.
i purchased a 1991 red soft top 70. this one is also pretty nice but it has features that make it more acceptable to modify.

85,000 k (instead of 20,000 k)
PZ (instead of the 3B)
both had 5 speeds
this one has AC (which doesn't turn me on)
this one has the lift already
this one has the front and rear lockers (which i am told is very rare on a rag top early 70 series)
it is a rare factory red (which i am told there wasn't many of most were white or grey)
no winch (so i can use my custom bumper and winch)

so all in all this should be a better candidate for a modified unit...now all i need to do is get it over here. i might need to get a container, anyone want to split the cost?

cheers

Wayne,

Email me some more photos, left you messages over the Weekend. Let me know if you are going to let this one go.

Cheers,

Michael

not sure, when ever i can get spacce on the boat or when i find another unit to ship over in a container...

the red is appealing to me since there were not many done that colour...
some like it, some won't
it comes down to personal preference...

Wayne, I like your style. Get a stupidly clean, rare truck, agonize over what to do with it, make the decision, then just get another not-QUITE-as perfect specimen in addition to. Nice work :D

I like the red. A lot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom