What to do when an 80 sits?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Unfortunately I had to leave my 80 at college over the winter break. I have had a real long winter break which has been good but my 80 hasn't been driven the whole break which is a month. Is there anything I should do maintanence wise when I get back? I got to make sure it is in tip top shape for when I slap those 35 rubbers under it soon.

you should've prepped it BEFORE you left. :doh:

Personally, for one month storage, I wouldn't do anything special.

The only thing I would do for a month would be to disconnect the battery so it doesn't discharge and freeze.

That would be before leaving, of course.

When you get back, check the air pressure. If it's been in a rural area, check for animal nests in the engine, interior and exhaust.

Make sure the gas tank is full prior to storage to prevent condensation.

There is a reason its called PM not RM.:doh: :whoops: :doh:

remove dixie horn - actually I'd proilly fill it with fuel and disconnect the batt

Gumby said:
The only thing I would do for a month would be to disconnect the battery so it doesn't discharge and freeze.

That would be before leaving, of course.

When you get back, check the air pressure. If it's been in a rural area, check for animal nests in the engine, interior and exhaust.

Excelent advice. I would add look around for leaks (the critters Gummer mentioned may like to chew on things like brake hoses and such) and check fluid levels before you start it.

Well crap. I already did two things wrong. I left the battery connected and the tank is almost empty. Sweet. Thanks for the advise though guys. I probably should have asked this before I left.

I bet you will remember it for the next time. You are pobably fine but do look it over before you take off in it so we don't have to read about it later...:hillbilly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom