what to do 1966 fj40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Very nice - My 2 cents: Original is only original once, you can not go back.

I vote keep it as is as much as you can.

Enjoy the new member of the family

some pics of the rectangular mirrors
fj40 and fj55 pg1.jpg
early40 pg1.jpg
early 1960's pg1.jpg

Awesome rig...Keep it original as they are very rare

Not sure about the AZ thing . this 1 came from CA and is now living in FL . Great picsby the way

That rig is a complete beauty, leave it alone, flip the bezel, enjoy it!
More pics please :beer:

Congrats!

Juan
1970 fj40
1978 fj40
1994 fzj80

Well the word is, keep it original.The support from all the postings is invaluable . Now I need to insure the FJ which would be the best company to insure it with ,and what is the value I should insure it for ?

"best" insurance company may differ by state

I have my cruiser insured for stated value of 10K - premium is about $400/year - in Arizona

I have just bought an fj40 1966 52000 mile good shape do I restore it or leave it original

Enjoy it ! if you want to rebuid, buy another cruiser. learn how it works and how to take care of it ! enjoy the drive and the attention you get !

Checked out the rest of the pics on owens export. Great old rig! Too bad someone went after the engine compartment with a rattle can of primer? Anyways...I still think its awesome. Just make it safe to drive (steering and brakes should be totally gone through!). Then have fun cleaning up/spiffing up! My 69 was similar. Very original but some PO weirdness that needed cleaning up.

Checked out the rest of the pics on owens export. Great old rig! Too bad someone went after the engine compartment with a rattle can of primer? Anyways...I still think its awesome. Just make it safe to drive (steering and brakes should be totally gone through!). Then have fun cleaning up/spiffing up! My 69 was similar. Very original but some PO weirdness that needed cleaning up.

I just went to look at the pics...at least these primed parts can be painted black pretty easily...

Keep it Original!!! :cheers:

I kept my '67 original, as it was pretty much in the same stock shape as yours, and never regretted it.

If mine was in that condition when i got it , I would have left it alone. Looks perfect to me as is.
Flip Bezel and take more pics please.

The repro hupcaps are really nice. That truck deserves a set!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom