What tires are on your 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yay! New(old) thread!

31x10.50 R15 BFG AT's

They sucks in teh muds...

x2 on the Icelanders

They are re-treads. Does anyone know what OEM carcass they are using? I cannot tell from the limited side views they provide.

-B-

They are re-treads. Does anyone know what OEM carcass they are using? I cannot tell from the limited side views they provide.

-B-
They change the carcasses up. Whatever they have they use, they match all your tires on the same carcass when you order though.

Interesting, I bought tires from High Tec Retreads (now Treadwright http://treadwright.com/) a year ago and they were selling green diamond tires... I assume they have now split or are just the same company using 2 names for 2 products. I paid $80 a tire for 285/75/16 D-MUD treadwrights a year ago and have like 15k miles on them now.
Pro:
Cheap as all hell
Don't look bad
Fairly decent traction
Soft tread
Measured a true 33" installed

Con:
Wear very fast
Chunk easily
Very loud
Everyone tells you you're going to blow up and die

All in all, if I was doing a budget 33 I'd run them again. Assuming I keep my truck I'll be going for Hummer takeoffs in the same price range for 37's.

lc-8.jpg

Last edited:
Bfg m/t km 305/70 16

Right now 285/75/17 Revo's on MotoMetal 955's

As of next Friday, 315/75/16's KM2's on powder coated stock wheels

Nitto Terra Grappler 315/75-16
What you may need is a real tire test?
These are solid tires with real sidewall toughness, but the traction leaves room for some desire.
Some members will differ, but I have traction issues with these tires. Do not get me wrong. Nittos have never failed me in any kind of dry conditions.
But in extremely icy conditions, they had no grip at all. I nearly rolled my truck on a minimal 30 % slope on ice. I was not impressed.
In dry desert conditions.the Nitto is OK, but not stellar.
When I wear the Nittos out, I may be more inclined to buy the Dunlop AT that I originaly selected.

258/65 R18 Falkens, with 18" mags Aired to 48 psi and I get 22 mpg on the highway.

31x10.5 r16 Bfg I think that they're long trails on 16" 4 runner rims

BFG M/T 35 12.50 15
Military 255/100 16

35x12.5x16 Trxus MT's up till two weeks ago....now I'm breaking in a set of 315/75rx16 BGF MT KM2's. So far I'm impressed!

Firestone Destination A/T LT285/75/16

currently?

Michelin LTX M/S 275/75R16. Boring, but gets the job done on road plenty well.

the next treads will be one of three, depending on how I am feeling in a year (I'll be living in the heart of the Rockies):

1. 255/85R16 Cooper Discoverer ST
2. 235/85R16 Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor Pro-Grade
3. 235/85R16 Cooper Discoverer M+S

Regular old Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts...

I emphasize the "old" because I just checked the date and they are 6 years old. Probably time to replace even though the tread depth is still good.

Here's an ABC news item on old tires being sold as new: ABC News

currently?

Michelin LTX M/S 275/75R16. Boring, but gets the job done on road plenty well.

the next treads will be one of three, depending on how I am feeling in a year (I'll be living in the heart of the Rockies):

1. 255/85R16 Cooper Discoverer ST
2. 235/85R16 Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor Pro-Grade
3. 235/85R16 Cooper Discoverer M+S

Might want to rethink that size its really narrow for an 8" wide rim, if you still have stock rims. I think the 255's are about as narrow as most people comfortably go.

Right now 315 MTR's

but plan on switching to 37 Irok's

275 / 70 / 16 Bridgestone Dueller AT REVOS

Love the tires, should have gone with the 285 :bang:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom