what size of spacer do i need

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi, i have 33' tires on oem wheel and i just finish my 4inch lift and i want to go 35' or 37' tires next but i'm not sure if i need spacer or not ? if i need a spacer what size is good ?

just go straight to 37's and i think you will need new 17" wheels for readily available 37" tires

Shouldnt need much of a spacer. Ive run 37s on 4" springs for a while with little ill effect.

Trxxus is available in a 37 r16 but above is correct in 17" opening up more options. The unobtanium km2 345s are made for a 16 as well but good luck.

I have the trxxus mt 37's on my oem wheels. No spacers. Very Minor rub on rear frame rail. no rub in front

I have the trxxus mt 37's on my oem wheels. No spacers. Very Minor rub on rear frame rail. no rub in front

How much lift do you have?

OME J's all around. 1" spacers in front. I do have metal tech rear adj. control arms uppers and lowers so I was able to place rear tires so no rub front to rear wheel well

hi, i have 33' tires on oem wheel and i just finish my 4inch lift and i want to go 35' or 37' tires next but i'm not sure if i need spacer or not ? if i need a spacer what size is good ?

just to clarify? are you referring to wheel spacers or spring spacers? I am using 4" OME comp springs front with OME J springs for the rear....no spacers but really level front to back.....fronts are a little stiff compared to the OME J springs + 1" spacers in the front i had before the comps

I have 4' lift havy duty spring ome all around without spring spacer I'm looking at wheel spacer but I don't know what size should I get for 35' or 37' tires for them not to rub. A lot of our guys like 37' so I might go with 37' tires

Last edited:
ok...wheel spacers....I had 1.5" spacers on oem toyota 17" wheels. The specs were 17 x 7.5 et +15....LC wheels are 16 x 8 et +0

2 problems after the wheel spacers.

1. started to have vibrations in the steering wheel
2. started to rub on the outer front fender. I like my flares and plan to keep them.

so I took them off and they have been sitting in the garage for 2 years!...Although they did give a pretty mean stance!

fwiw...trying to find 37" tires for 16" wheels are really difficult! that is why i used the 4 runner wheels
IMG_1020.jpg

I have 4' lift havy duty spring ome all around without spring spacer I'm looking at wheel spacer but I don't know what size should I get for 35' or 37' tires for them not to rub. A lot of our guys like 37' so I might go with 37' tires

35" tires dont rub with a 4" lift...been there done that! only rubbing is the rear frame rails.

37" tires rub....37x13.5r17...rub and you should need to cut some metal like jcardona.
37" tires 37x12.5r17...rub but on the frame rails..

our rigs were not meant to have 37" tires ever! but somehow people just keep trying to stretch the envelope!

are you regeared? or plan to? then 37" is best of performance and looks!

I want to regear after the tax return to 4.88 in my head I want to try 35' but a lot of people said just go 37' better what is the big benefit to go 37' over 35'

easier on the trails and just looks kick a$$......5.29 and 37s!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom