What model is this Cruiser? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok guys, I found this picture and really want to know what type of landcruiser this is. I love the longer wheel base fj40 look but it doesn't look like any 45's I have ever seen. Any input. Thanks
4x4-snow-and-ice-extra-long-land-cruiser.jpg

It's too short after the wheel well to be a 45 troopy and the side windows of the hardtop are different sizes which the factory didn't do as far as I know. It looks closer to an FJ43 total size wise but the wheel arch would have to have been moved back since that is more in line with how a 45 looks (from door opening to wheel arch) than a 43. My guess is a 43 with some very clean relocation work, not overly tough for someone comfortable with welding. Moving the wheel arches back on mine due to the wheel base extension, not too hard to do. The top makes me wonder if someone went through the trouble of shortening a 45 troopy top to fit the 43 and had the glass cut down for the window where the material was taken out, would explain the inconsistent sizes f/r. It could also be a shortened 45 troopy body in which the tub was cut off after the wheel arches and then the rear was burned in to place, the frame would of course also need to be shortened or a 43 frame would be needed with relocated spring mounts or even a tube frame if so inclined. Either way it looks great, would love to have something right around that length.

Last edited:
It's hard to tell from the picture, but I wonder if the frame is from something other than a 40 series?

It looks closer to an FJ43 total size wise but the wheel arch would have to have been moved back since that is more in line with how a 45 looks (from door opening to wheel arch) than a 43.

It's quite a bit longer than a 43. My guess is slightly shortened 45

I read a write up on this truck a few years ago. If memory serves me correctly it's a 40 that was stretched with an Aqualu +27" tub and a custom top in Iceland. It's definitely not OEM.

It's a bobbed Troopy. It's missing about 18" out of the rear overhang.

Comparing it to the overall length of my 44 I would guess it was a 44 or 46.
I would like to know what kind rear suspension is in that one I really like the look of it and the even longer wheel base.
P1010024.jpg

I think it is an ice land cruiser, they do crazy mods over there. I would bet it's a custom 42 that they run a hybrid fuel in so that it doesn't gel in the cold weather.

I think it would be the same do a screen measurement and move the fenders to the back and it would be within spec.
Once I figure out the suspension I will be doing a similar mod to mine I am sure it will be a twin but in a soft top version.

Last edited:
Sweet Good info guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom