What mod did you add to your Toyota this weekend? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Went over to Lance's friend Paul's shop and he started tacking together my bumper for me.

Everything done and tacked

He's going to finish welding it all up tomorrow and then start on the tire carrier later this week. Will get finished pics up this weekend.

Anyone have any suggestions on how/what to use to paint it? I've still got a bunch of bed liner from doing my rockers with I was thinking about using.

ol' Paul is still around huh.. tell him Waldo says hi the next time you see him.

Cole- Where is Paul located and does he do work professionally or just on the side?

Bumper looks great bud...nice addition to the 62..good work!

Cole- Where is Paul located and does he do work professionally or just on the side?

Bumper looks great bud...nice addition to the 62..good work!

He works at a shop that's right in Conway down Dave Ward, but he is doing this on the side for me. He has done a bunch of stuff (bumpers, tube bed, sliders) for various Toyota people around AR and does great work and he's a super nice guy.

yea he made me a set of sliders way back in the day

Cole...hey man- if you wouldn't mind PM'ing me Paul's phone number- would appreciate it..been looking for somebody to do some fabrication work...

The original radiator finally gave up on me and started leaking, so I picked up a new CSF radiator from Cool Cruisers.

WpadRGM.jpg

Also, I found some Yakima A1 towers and crossbars at Savers for $15, so I experimented with using my aluminum ATV ramps as a roof rack. :) I will probably paint the ramps black, and cut off the "fingers" that usually rest on the tailgate. The ramp is plenty strong, lightweight, and has plenty of tiedown points.

dSH3kn6.jpg

hVxzXAN.jpg

e1KoYeS.jpg

Aq4bmLp.jpg

I can't believe you found those at savers and for that price.. you dog. Nice score.

Looks good. Nice job on the radiator install

Went over to Lance's friend Paul's shop and he started tacking together my bumper for me.

Everything done and tacked

He's going to finish welding it all up tomorrow and then start on the tire carrier later this week. Will get finished pics up this weekend.

Anyone have any suggestions on how/what to use to paint it? I've still got a bunch of bed liner from doing my rockers with I was thinking about using.
Walmart in the auto section buy some self etching primer then go over to the paint section and get whatever paint you want. I like the Rust-O-Leum fine textured. Paint from Walmart will always be easy to get for touch ups unlike powder coating.

I installed a red top optima battery last weekend....

I had some sliders welded on last weekend. Bought from a company called 4xInnovations. Had a local guy weld them to the frame for me. Then used VHT roll cage paint on them.

livea7I13k.jpg

I had some sliders welded on last weekend. Bought from a company called 4xInnovations. Had a local guy weld them to the frame for me. Then used VHT roll cage paint on them.

I've been looking at those 4xInno sliders for my 80. How long was the wait?

I've been looking at those 4xInno sliders for my 80. How long was the wait?

They shipped about two days after I placed the order. It took about a week to arrive, as they ship out of Wisconsin (I think). Overall time was around a week and a half. But the welds looks pretty damn good.

Did these a couple of weeks ago, so far I love them.

20140520_205532.jpg

20140520_205039.jpg

Electric brake controller for my pop up camper. Currently enjoying the fruits of my labor @ Beaver Lake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom