What master cylinder use? FJ80, SD D60 and 14 bolt axles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
92 Fj80 with a 6BT, am I best to go with the 1-1/16 T-100 master cylinder? What size is the stock one, what are the options and best options?

I got a proportioning valve to add on, a new double flaring tool (titan) and I just cleaned up, powder coated and rebuilt the rear brake calipers which are the disc brake 14 bolt (drum in hat) style 14 bolt axle off of a 2005 GM truck. Dront is the high pinion SD D60 off of a 2005 superduty.

Wanting to order the right master cylinder the first time and get some stuff out of the way.

Thanks for the help!

Hydroboost? If so run this guy, I've had it on my truck since 2016 and it's great. If not, maybe look up what the piston size is and find a match in Toyota land.

Amazon product ASIN B001PYTK4W

Oh thanks bud!!

It looks like 1.31” bore size!

Mine is stock, with exception to axles.

Deleting LSPV and putting a proportioning valve in, was hopeing to run stock booster (now I’m hearing that will be a bit inadequate)

I just checked brake piston sizes, they front and rears are dual piston, rears look about 56mm, fronts look about 60mm.

I’m thinking that if I’m ignoring ($$) the recommendation on hydro boost which isn’t in the budget at the moment that the 1.25” MC is probably going to be first attempt.

There is a thread going in the 80 section (one ton swap thread) where I also asked the question in the build and there’s input there as well

You can do hydroboost for $100 including the hoses

Do most power steering pumps have capacity to support hydro boost? I'm in the same boat as Cody but have the older dana 60 massice single piston calipers up from. My 1" bore I think master on troopy now has to long a pedal but seems to bite.... so need more volume....

i think thats the same one i use and i never had so good of brakes, dana 60 front and back. a pro. valve would be needed for street use but holly chit 42s it locks up like mad now. and i made a simple adapter, this was not my idea, i found it on here or the other site but works like a champ
IMG_3173.jpg
IMG_3176.jpg

511aWyFG+bL._AC_AC_SR98,95_.jpg

When I ran disc brake 60’s front and rear in my old mini truck, I started with the FJ80 master that I had upgraded to for the bigger IFS/FJ60 brakes and it just didn’t move the volume of fluid needed. So i got sky’s adapter and followed the part numbers they recommended. Fairly certain I kept the vacc booster, never had hydroboost. It worked on my junk at the time and would lock both axles if you wanted it to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom