What is this worth (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Valve cover from a 2f engine from a FJ40 - This has been Re Chromed - What is this worth ?

2F.jpg

Looks polished, not chromed to me (they were not chromed from the factory). No idea of the value, sorry.

that looks like the later short version, they are quite plentiful.
unless someone is close to you, it'll cost way more to ship it than it is worth.

Reduced air drag should be worth at least another 5 hp! :cool:

Polishing increases heat retention.

Polishing increases heat retention.
True, a dull surface transfers heat better than a smooth. That and the idea of chrome plating auto parts has always eluded me.
Chrome plating can embrittle hi strength steels or at least reduce the lifespan of parts, especially if the part is subject to heating and cooling. Dissimilar metals expand and contract at different rates and amounts under heating and cooling cycles

I made a pool table light for a buddy out of one. I didnt polish it.

I have sold some on here for $50 to $65 not polished. Shipping them seems to run around $35 to $45 which killed more sales than I have made. It looks clean make a lamp out of it, I bet you could sell the lamp for more.

I have sold some on here for $50 to $65 not polished. Shipping them seems to run around $35 to $45 which killed more sales than I have made. It looks clean make a lamp out of it, I bet you could sell the lamp for more.

That’s what @Downey does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom