What is this part called? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I don't have a picture (I'll post one later tonight when I get home. But here's a verbal description:On the F & 1.5F heads (don't about the 2F) there are 6 dowels that screw into the top of the head at a 45 degree angle. They sit outside the valve cover and are spaced by cylinder head location (I believe). They have a square head and thread into the top of the cylinder head. I use a 11mm socket to install/remove them.Last night on my way home into my quiet neighborhood, one of these screws/dowels backed out of its hole. I thought I had lost something off the exhaust header (because of the unmuffled noise of the engine that was now waking up the early-to-bedders). However, I lifted the hood to find that one of these screws/dowels was missing.What is this part called? How can I get another one (cheaply)? What's the purose of these screws/dowels?Thanks,Kevin

Sounds like you are dealing with a de-smogged engine and are describing the air injection ports, sans the rail. They usually get plugged with pipe plugs.

Almost sounds like air rail plugs, are you sure it isn't a later head?

Unless you plan to re-smog the motor;), put some Lock-tite on the plugs and have drive on!

Hey guys,It was just as you said...the holes are plugged with pipe plugs for non-smogged engines. I went by Ace Hardware, picked up some 1/4" pipe plugs & locktite. The neighbors are at peace with me for now. Thanks for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom