What is this leaking fluid? (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Drove the 80 for the first time longer than 10 minutes after recently doing quite a bit of PM. Was checking for oil and coolant leaks. Noted this fluid on the ground. Touched it and it was cool and clear with no smell (likely water). I did not have the AC on during the trip but wondering if it is condensation nonetheless. Any thoughts would be appreciated. No evidence of anything leaking from above.

IMG_8557.JPEG

Dollars to doughnuts it is AC condensation.

Damn. I just realized... Doughnuts are more than a dollar these days. I guess that expression has exceeded it's sell date. :(

Anyway... AC condensation is the most likely answer.

Mark...

Dollars to doughnuts it is AC condensation.

Damn. I just realized... Doughnuts are more than a dollar these days. I guess that expression has exceeded it's sell date. :(

Anyway... AC condensation is the most likely answer.

Mark...
Yes, my thought also. But without the A/C running?
based just on that far picture could have already been on the ground when you pulled up
I should have added I did see it drip down over the course of about 2 minutes.

Yes, my thought also. But without the A/C running?

I should have added I did see it drip down over the course of about 2 minutes.

OOPs.. I mis-read. I thought you said tht you *did* have it on. In that case... not likely to be condensation. UNLESS... did you have the defroster on? That will engage the AC too.

Mark...

It's difficult to tell from the angle but AC condenser, oil from rear main or upper oil pan, or aux heater lines.

Put a white paper towel in the puddle to see if the fluid has color. Oil is golden to black, rear heater lines are green or red based on coolant.

OOPs.. I mis-read. I thought you said tht you *did* have it on. In that case... not likely to be condensation. UNLESS... did you have the defroster on? That will engage the AC too.

Mark...
I DID have the defroster on. No color to the fluid. Almost certainly the condenser. Appreciate all the replies.

SC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom