1HD-T : Oil Leaking around Turbo ?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was crawling around under my 1990 HDJ-81 (JDM) this afternoon and noticed that the turbo is covered with oil.
From above it appears to be coming from the top portion of the turbo (an oil feed line ?)

Engine uses very little oil (< 0.5 qts/ 3,000 miles).

Anybody had a similar experience ?

Any ideas ?

Jim Sims

Try and post a photo or two.

Pictures are worth 1000 words.

They can weep oil around the intake hose on the front of the turbo. Oil from the PCV goes through the intake. This can get messy.

Early 1hd-t had an issue with rigid oil feed/ oil return line cracking at the flange where it bolts to the underside of turbo centre housing.
If this is the source of your leak, fix it immediately. If it let's go, you'll dump all your oil in minutes.
1HD-FT had a revised oil feed/return pipe.

If it is the turbo oil feed/oil return this thread should have all the numbers you need.

Post 13 and 15

hth's
gb

Last edited:
Try and post a photo or two.

Pictures are worth 1000 words.

They can weep oil around the intake hose on the front of the turbo. Oil from the PCV goes through the intake. This can get messy.

Early 1hd-t had an issue with rigid oil feed/ oil return line cracking at the flange where it bolts to the underside of turbo centre housing.
If this is the source of your leak, fix it immediately. If it let's go, you'll dump all your oil in minutes.
1HD-FT had a revised oil feed/return pipe.
Thanks

I've got a shop working on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom