What is this freakin sound? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hiya,
After lubricating my door hinges and the hinges/pivot points of the brake and clutch on my 80 BJ41 I thought I was good.
Got in this morning and once I turned the engine over a horrible buzzing came from a buzzer under the dash.
It is ear splitting.
I know it is an alarm of some sort. I was only aware of the over 100kmh alarm.
Can anybody shed some light on this?
The wires are blue with red stripe.
I disconnected it so I could get to work but I like having everything connected.
Thanks in advance any thoughts are welcomed.

PeterC

On the wiring diagrams there is a seat belt buzzer referenced but there are no wires to the seat belts so I don't know what would set them off or on.
It didn't happen till I lubed stuff. I did squirt the lube in the ignition key switch. The lube was a dry lube though so I don't know if it was conductive at all.
Thanks for your replies.

P
user_online.gif
progress.gif

On the wiring diagrams there is a seat belt buzzer referenced but there are no wires to the seat belts so I don't know what would set them off or on.
It didn't happen till I lubed stuff. I did squirt the lube in the ignition key switch. The lube was a dry lube though so I don't know if it was conductive at all.
Thanks for your replies.

P
user_online.gif
progress.gif
Howdy! Some of the seatbelt buzzers were wired into the retractor mechinizm, some were wired into a pressure switch in the seat, some were a contact in the buckle. Early warning devices were pretty crude. It probably means you need to repack your muffler bearings!! John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom