What is the part number for the “shifter cover” (plastic base that surrounds the automatic transmission shifter)? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to replace the plastic base that surrounds the automatic transmission shifter on my 88 FJ62, which I have seen called a “shifter cover”. It’s identifies as “420” in the attached assembly drawing. I need to know the part number and am not 100% sure about the proper nomenclature. This isn’t functionally part of the transmission, just the brown plastic cover that mounts to the floor with the shifter coming out of the top. Can anyone tell me the part number and confirm the name? Bonus points if you can tell me where to buy one.

1669737505235.jpeg

It's unlikely that a part number will help you as it's almost certainly NLA from the dealer. Post up a "wanted" ad in the classifieds, or contact one of the several dealers of used Cruiser parts, such as Classic Cruisers etc. If you need a brown one, that will be extra challenging. The grey ones seem to be more common. In fact, I think I have a grey one in a box somewhere...

For the bonus points, it looks like cruiserparts.net has them used. As long as it is not broken you can use color matched paint to freshen it up.

Or look/post up in the MUD classifieds.

1669758806923.png

I need to replace the plastic base that surrounds the automatic transmission shifter on my 88 FJ62, which I have seen called a “shifter cover”. It’s identifies as “420” in the attached assembly drawing. I need to know the part number and am not 100% sure about the proper nomenclature. This isn’t functionally part of the transmission, just the brown plastic cover that mounts to the floor with the shifter coming out of the top. Can anyone tell me the part number and confirm the name? Bonus points if you can tell me where to buy one.

View attachment 3180863

the OEM Part Number is : 00NLA-0DISC

If you order from Cruiser Parts, ask for pictures from all sides of the actual part they are shipping you, otherwise, you are taking your chances. I know from personal experience. Yes, I bring this up every chance I get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom