What is the axle tube diameter for a FJ60 axle? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

POPO AGIE

SILVER Star
Threads
I have an FJ60 rear axle that I am modifying for my FJ40 and the adapter flanges I bought from FROR were machined for 3.5 inch axles. When the axle was at the shop and was trimmed on the inner tube that holds the bearing race, so that the spindle would bolt on the ID of the ID of the flange was the right size and needed to tapped on until it was flush with the flange on the axle.

Next I have new axle perches from Ruff Stuff that fit a FJ40 OD of the axle tube with a gap for welding. They don't fit the OD of the FJ60 axle because the OD is larger without trimming the radius.

Are FJ60 axles 3.5" or do I have something other than a FJ60 axle?

Well, mine is not, but I am sure I can work with it.

Well, mine is not, but I am sure I can work with it.

Maybe post up a picture of your axle with some measuring calipers on it.

Maybe post up a picture of your axle with some measuring calipers on it.
The jaws of my 12 or 6 inch calipers are too short to swallow the axles but I did take the u-bolt from my FJ40 axle and it has a lot of slop on the FJ40 axle but rubs on the welded seams on the FJ60 axle but would work.

I just measured the circumference of both axles and they are both 10" but I did notice that on the welds were ground down on the FJ40 where the U-bolt is located and they are not on the FJ60 axle. But the perches I bought will need to be trimmed before they can be welded to the FJ60 axle.

I just rechecked the perches on both axles and they fit the same, so I will have to do some grinding to get them to sit on the axle tube.

Last edited:
The jaws of my 12 or 6 inch calipers are too short to swallow the axles but I did take the u-bolt from my FJ40 axle and it has a lot of slop on the FJ40 axle but rubs on the welded seams on the FJ60 axle but would work.

I just measured the circumference of both axles and they are both 10" but I did notice that on the welds were ground down on the FJ40 where the U-bolt is located and they are not on the FJ60 axle. But the perches I bought will need to be trimmed before they can be welded to the FJ60 axle.

I just rechecked the perches on both axles and they fit the same, so I will have to do some grinding to get them to sit on the axle tube.
10” circumference would be about 3.2” diameter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom