What is it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I was cleaning up the work area after removing front and rear axles from my FJ40 frame so I could send it out to the sandblaster.  While cleaning up I fount, on the floor, a rectangular plate aprox 3 inches wide and 5.5 inches long.  3/8 of an inch thick with a dimple in the middle.  It was found in the vacinity of the front axle.  What the #$%^& is it?  I think I may have found it in a picture from SOR  ( attached)  Any help would be appreciated. It is listed as Part # 51 in the attached diagram.

Straylight

They say it is a spring pad. Looks like a shim to me, perhaps to fix lean. 3/8 is kinda thick.

yep, most likely a shim for the infamous lean...

That's IT!   Where does it go?

Straylight.

under the high side of the Cruiser, it will lower that side...which should level it out.

John H

i think the "famous cruiser lean" you guys get is engineered into them somehow, as they were built for a right hand drive market, because MOST Right hand drive cruisers do not get this lean. i say most, as my fj40 does have the lean, however, it is probably a weight distribution thing, as the only passenger seats are on the left hand side, which would effectively replicate you guys always having a driver on the left

Physics would say it has to involve more forces on the left than on the right. That might include a noncentered motor and drivelines, driver/passenger, or something else. How about the direction of turn of the crankshaft?

I just can hardly believe that the weight of the driver has so much effect. And, if it was that, why does YOUR right-hand drive vehicle lean left?

i think my RHD cruiser leans left because i always run with a passeger, and all my back seating capacity is along the left side. most of the RHD cruisers i see don't have a lean at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom