What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (43 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Campbell graduated to big-boy shoes. 275/65 R18 KM3
Campbell-20210211-121414----4032 x 3024-Ih8mud.jpg

I just did some quick research and it looks like Toyota Land Cruisers built after Sep. 7, 2007 are admissible. As far as I can tell, the only modification that is explicitly identified as being a disqualifying modification is a suspension lift. Your bumper may also a problem. If you put it back to stock for the inspection, you would probably be fine afterward. Another option would be to form an LLC and register the truck to the LLC. At that point, as a visiting vehicle, it wouldn’t be tied to your name directly.
Yes, you are quite right. Going back to the factory bumper and ride height is the right solution to the problem. But I don't mind telling you it has been a VERY tough decision to reach and still feel good about.

I'll post my "reverse build" in a different thread.

:cheers:

Yes, you are quite right. Going back to the factory bumper and ride height is the right solution to the problem. But I don't mind telling you it has been a VERY tough decision to reach and still feel good about.

I'll post my "reverse build" in a different thread.

:cheers:

I think you can put it all back after the inspection if you either do it yourself (physically in Canada) or have a Canadian shop do it, assuming the bumper and lift are generally compliant with Canadian laws. I’m thinking they are.

More of a possible what am I going to do this week- what're the chances y'all think a arb deluxe bumper will bolt up from a tundra/sequoia? Can't find any measurements online specific to the bumper, know tundras are 2" wider.

The 200 is finally lifted. Spent the day with friends installing a Ironman Foam Cell Pro kit to my ‘13. Installation went pretty smooth apart from the fact that we accidentally switched the driver and passenger fronts and had to redo it. 100 miles in and I’ve very happy with the kit. The ride is nice and firm on the road. I can wait to take it off the road in the next couple of weeks. Can’t do a lift without tires so got a set of 285/70r18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers installed on my TRD Pro wheels. I’ll update any rubbing issues once I put more miles on her. In the meantime, enjoy that stance!

View attachment 2578740

View attachment 2578741

View attachment 2578742

View attachment 2578743
Is that a stage 2 kit? I installed a FCP performance kit and SPC UCAs a couple months ago before they released their UCAs. Same tire and size as well. I was rubbing badly on KDSS arm and sway bar, so I installed spidertrax which took care of almost all of the rubbing and the stance is much better now.

So you’re just shy of the max... out of curiosity, how much more stuff would you need to pack or is that weight your packed and ready to go weight?
That’s my starting point, although it’s a starting point that has all bases covered except for food/drink. Camping I would usually add my Weber Q grill, a propane bottle or two, my Exped, a 7 gallon water jug, two camp chairs, some decent firewood and either a fridge or cooler.

Also remember the ‘limit’ is based on stock configuration. The upgraded suspension would likely bring that number up a fair amount if it were recertified (not a real thing in the US as far as I know).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom