What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (47 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1st proper mod for the LX..

Bought some 18" LC200 wheels with decent condition Dunlop AT22's on for it so when I head out I can just throw these on and not worry about damaging them.
otZr6V4.jpg

p2fnS5I.jpg

After a LOT of debate I decided to roll the dice on @JJBiggs terrapod kick-starter. If you haven't checked it out, this may turn out to be one of the better RTTs on the market in the US.

Last edited:
Playing hooky from work and stitching her back together.

1601661624108.png

Bought a very unique travel trailer today. Erwin Hymer Touring GT. Pop top for 6’5” of inside height, while closed its only 7’4” and will fit into my garage.

Short king size main bed, dinette turns into another small bed. Wet bath, toilet, a/c, furnace, etc.

All fibreglass construction with aluminum framing inside walls. Galvanized tongue. 2480lbs dry.

Will be lifting this thing pretty much instantly, and getting rid of that rake. Will start a new build thread when I get home sometime tomorrow!

2282BFB1-E3FB-4ABE-8EF8-FD01CDA856D6.jpeg

Finally got a long anticipated mod done last night. My National Luna Legacy 60 fridge finally arrived from South Africa courtesy of Equipt. @Taco2Cruiser This is the route I went. Wasn't sure if I was going to need the red hinges to detach the lid for opening and happy to say I didn't need to install those, lid opens fine and no problem getting the baskets out.

Ran house power into the cab via the grommet behind the right rear tupperware. Tapped into my onboard power in the bottle jack storage door. Can turn on/off via SwitchPro panel in sunglass holder.

I need to get a coiled power cable or some other option as this isn't going to work in the long run. Any suggestions?

View attachment 2433213

View attachment 2433214

View attachment 2433215View attachment 2433257
I dig the drawers...very dope.

Little maintenance at 130k/10 years: Replaced fan shroud (leak in reservoir), radiator hoses, heater Ts (new pipes for both, not just Ts), idler bearing, idler pulley, thermostat, and drive belt.

Other than the shroud, it was all essentially unnecessary. Bearings were tight enough, hoses were in perfect shape. Here’s to 260k I guess?

My 2008 has had Firestone airbags in the rear for about the last 4 years. I’ve used them to boost the rear an inch or so, and air them up when towing. This setup has been generally pretty good. Fast forward to 2 weeks ago, I towed my heavy ass Cummins FJ40 on a U-Haul trailer, and I pumped the airbags up to 60 PSI to combat the sag. About an hour into my four hour trip and... BOOM! Both bags blew. The truck handled safely, but I hit the bump stops on every expansion joint for the next three hours.

This weekend I replaced the rear springs and bags with OME 2721s. It took just over an hour, and is very straightforward. Hoping this setup does well for me. I don’t intend to tow as heavy as the FJ40 again anytime soon. Shown is before and after and the exploded airbags and old springs next to the new 2721s.

AE2EBEEF-407D-4F4E-A6C6-F636E2CCD007.jpeg

9CCFEDBD-72C9-43F3-8FFD-DC2748F6E462.jpeg

17E02728-1392-4678-B5B8-569EFE806DEF.jpeg

AD185826-7FAB-4108-930B-BA494FAC1195.jpeg

Last edited:
My 2008 has had Firestone airbags in the rear for about the last 4 years. I’ve used them to boost the rear an inch or so, and air them up when towing. This setup has been generally great pretty good. Fast forward to 2 weeks ago, I towed my heavy ass Cummins FJ40 on a U-Haul trailer, and I pumped the airbags up to 60 PSI to combat the sag. About an hour into my four hour trip and... BOOM! Both bags blew. The truck handled safely, but I hit the bump stops on every expansion joint for the next three hours.

This weekend I replaced the rear springs and bags with OME 2721s. It took just over an hour, and is very straightforward. Hoping this setup does well for me. I don’t intend to tow as heavy as the FJ40 again anytime soon. Shown is before and after and the exploded airbags and old springs next to the new 2721s.

View attachment 2454359

View attachment 2454360

View attachment 2454361

View attachment 2454362

View attachment 2454363
Isn’t the max allowable pressure 40lb in Firestone airbags?

Isn’t the max allowable pressure 40lb in Firestone airbags?
Yeah Probably. I am not mad at the bags, I think I was asking too much of them... this was just a good excuse to go ahead with new springs, which I’ve been thinking about for a while anyway.

Well this is a tiny improvement but I finally got the BCDC1225D project 100% completed with the addition of an Anderson SB50 connector for Solar.
Slee's Redarc BCDC mounting bracket is pre-drilled for an SB50 type connector - that's probably not readily obvious as I don't see it on their website nor have I seen it in any pictures of installations.
Next up is to get the solar panels - I'm opting for the Merlin X160.
IMG_5005-640x360-2.jpg

Slee Redarc Controller Mounting Bracket.jpg

Never thought I'd take it this far. First piece of armor. Hopefully last as I try to minimize weight.
EDIT - Slee sliders add 62 net lbs. Not bad.

1601765220345.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom