What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (33 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pulled out the transfer case. Getting ready to play with 111 lbs. of fun!
Did it in the drivrway. No easy task. I have probaby done over 1000 sit ups over the past week!
20240416_105544.jpg

Installed a new head unit and backup camera. I sacrificed the OEM cigarette lighter and subbed in a USB charger/connection to the Sony.
View attachment 3608540

I also got some WT mats for first and second row. I actually ordered these before I even got it home from buying it.

View attachment 3608544
Those look like they fit great. How’s the second row? Seems people complaint about the fit there most often.

Had my Coastal Off-road bumper welded up a couple months ago and got out for some early spring wheeling.
Got a little cocky on the snowy rocks and high centred myself with the wheels spinning in the slush. Had to get pulled out by my friend in his Tremor.

No ATRAC and only LSD with the centre diff. Maybe a rear locker?Should probably get a winch as well.

IMG_3649.jpeg

IMG_3648.jpeg

IMG_3647.jpeg

will update in 10 days how they performed on Mojave Road and Joshua Tree :)

Here you go.

Had my Coastal Off-road bumper welded up a couple months ago and got out for some early spring wheeling.
Got a little cocky on the snowy rocks and high centred myself with the wheels spinning in the slush. Had to get pulled out by my friend in his Tremor.

No ATRAC and only LSD with the centre diff. Maybe a rear locker?Should probably get a winch as well.

View attachment 3608629

View attachment 3608630

View attachment 3608631

Hard to complain about getting stuck with a view like that!!

Pulled out the transfer case. Getting ready to play with 111 lbs. of fun!
Did it in the drivrway. No easy task. I have probaby done over 1000 sit ups over the past week!
View attachment 3608560

If you thought that was fun just wait until you get to put it back in!

View attachment 3608629

View attachment 3608630

View attachment 3608631

What a beautiful place to get stuck!

As for being high centered, a locker may or may not help, just depends on how high centered you are. Typically, once you find yourself in that position it’s going to take a winch or snatch from another truck to get you out.

What a beautiful place to get stuck!

As for being high centered, a locker may or may not help, just depends on how high centered you are. Typically, once you find yourself in that position it’s going to take a winch or snatch from another truck to get you out.
Yeah, I am hoping that it was more the high centre vs inadequate LSD and CDL as to why I couldn’t get free. Plus, I had to listen to how a “Ford rescued a Toyota” the rest of the day

Today I replaced my AHC accumulator globes and flushed the system with fresh fluid. Really happy with the ride quality but haven’t got techstream so don’t know the levels. Thats next on my list.

Mind you, this was after I had the Major 300000klm (timing belt) service done which was supposed to have included an AHC fluid flush…
IMG_2404.jpeg

IMG_2403.jpeg

IMG_2401.jpeg

IMG_2400.jpeg

Update on my three o_O snapped valve cover bolts from the weekend:

Could not get them out by welding a nut on - tried 3 times with progressively larger bolts/welds. The glowing red hot heat from the weld didnt help.

rn_image_picker_lib_temp_c1edc92d-c28a-4844-82a0-031f242872b2.jpg

closeup view of 1 seized in proper stuck bolt - snapped off at head:

20240415_110125.jpg

resorted to having them drilled out and sleeved:
20240417_155730.jpg

Cost an arm and leg but very happy with job. I have good faith the oil leak will be solved.

Moral of story : maintain your gaskets and if there is a leak - for goodness sake - do not keep tightening the vc bolts down in a hope to seal it.

PS: thanks for members TLCOVERLAND and Unrulykid for your advice here.

Update on my three o_O snapped valve cover bolts from the weekend:

Could not get them out by welding a nut on - tried 3 times with progressively larger bolts/welds. The glowing red hot heat from the weld didnt help.

View attachment 3609474

closeup view of 1 seized in proper stuck bolt - snapped off at head:

View attachment 3609475

resorted to having them drilled out and sleeved:
View attachment 3609476

Cost an arm and leg but very happy with job. I have good faith the oil leak will be solved.

Moral of story : maintain your gaskets and if there is a leak - for goodness sake - do not keep tightening the vc bolts down in a hope to seal it.

PS: thanks for members TLCOVERLAND and Unrulykid for your advice here.
i'm currently doing mine at 188k miles original owner never changed it but kept up with all the other maintenance so I cant complain. Luckily there was no over tightening of the bolts they came off relatively easy...almost too easy.

I did the passenger side already but realized the valve cover bolt rubber washers were degraded to the point where they broke. So ordered 18 new valve cover bolts on the toyota parts online and picked up at the dealer. They gave me a bag of 20 so I got 2 for free so I call that a win.
1713384563631.png

Installed a new head unit and backup camera. I sacrificed the OEM cigarette lighter and subbed in a USB charger/connection to the Sony.
I have the same headunit! Actually installed it a few months ago - how/where did you route the microphone? And did you get the wiring for the mic to tuck in well?

Found WK sliders locally on craigslist. Got them today and mounted :)

IMG_8251.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom