What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (70 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Simple wiper motor change has turned into a total system overhaul, fragile plastic everywhere back there, broke some stuff taking it off.

Will be cutting and welding some small heim joints in, make my own linkage and scrap the nylon bushes all together

View attachment 2671214
Is your hood/bonnet support separating from your hood? Kinda looks like a gap.

Gave her a wash after an MC rebuild, and painting the front badge grey instead of the white, which I felt was a little too loud

F212A7E5-11BB-45BE-A293-C9E77FD55E91.jpeg

D6F16BD1-14AE-4DE0-B662-90EB8C508788.jpeg

I’ve only had it a week, but I have done few things already to my 2001 LX470. The first thing I did was add a Yakima Mega Warrior I picked up from a guy who took it off of a 2021 4Runner. It works until I figure out what I want/need on top. Second thing done was to remove the running boards. Next was replacing the bald Michelins with BF Goodrich AT K03s. I read and reread a 100 posts and finally decided against the 33s for now and stuck with the stock size. I got a 2 inch file of the last 20 years of maintenance and there was no record of a spark plug change. I pulled one and they had been recently changed so all good there. Next up is to fix the 2 or 3 blown speakers.
32426260-E8C5-4529-85D9-EC47D002ED73.jpeg

AFD1DF99-F2F6-4DF8-BAAD-86CFA1A0EA31.jpeg

I’ve only had it a week, but I have done few things already to my 2001 LX470. The first thing I did was add a Yakima Mega Warrior I picked up from a guy who took it off of a 2021 4Runner. It works until I figure out what I want/need on top. Second thing done was to remove the running boards. Next was replacing the bald Michelins with BF Goodrich AT K03s. I read and reread a 100 posts and finally decided against the 33s for now and stuck with the stock size. I got a 2 inch file of the last 20 years of maintenance and there was no record of a spark plug change. I pulled one and they had been recently changed so all good there. Next up is to fix the 2 or 3 blown speakers. View attachment 2671698

View attachment 2671699
I like that color, tires made a big difference.

Some strange boxes arrived over the weekend from a Cruiser Brothers order...
E2EFD357-2DD5-4404-B39E-33D8DA589B69.jpeg

The box says Rear but they fit on our fronts?
Any reason for going with Timbren in the back.
Yes , the box says rear because this is the part number for the 4runners and Tacomas I believe, but they fit the 100 as well
I went with timbren in the back because I read good reviews about them and the only reason I didn't get them for the front was because the price ..

I’ve only had it a week, but I have done few things already to my 2001 LX470. The first thing I did was add a Yakima Mega Warrior I picked up from a guy who took it off of a 2021 4Runner. It works until I figure out what I want/need on top. Second thing done was to remove the running boards. Next was replacing the bald Michelins with BF Goodrich AT K03s. I read and reread a 100 posts and finally decided against the 33s for now and stuck with the stock size. I got a 2 inch file of the last 20 years of maintenance and there was no record of a spark plug change. I pulled one and they had been recently changed so all good there. Next up is to fix the 2 or 3 blown speakers. View attachment 2671698

View attachment 2671699
Looking good!!!

Don’t be a moron like me and buy aftermarket speaker replacements—I had no idea a re-foam was a possibility and am now looking at going on car-part.com to try to source a new subwoofer and speaker so I can re-foam it—aftermarket speaker didn’t fit well (sits too proud) and now I’ve got buzz and my quarter trim never wants to stay put…

Yes , the box says rear because this is the part number for the 4runners and Tacomas I believe, but they fit the 100 as well
I went with timbren in the back because I read good reviews about them and the only reason I didn't get them for the front was because the price ..
Thanks do you happen to know the part no for the. Rear timbrens

Looking good!!!

Don’t be a moron like me and buy aftermarket speaker replacements—I had no idea a re-foam was a possibility and am now looking at going on car-part.com to try to source a new subwoofer and speaker so I can re-foam it—aftermarket speaker didn’t fit well (sits too proud) and now I’ve got buzz and my quarter trim never wants to stay put…
Thanks! I found on here the Simply Speaker kit so I’m giving it a try. I saw pretty much universal approval of that solution to the crackling.

Thanks do you happen to know the part no for the. Rear timbrens
Item #: ABSTORSEQ

:beer:

Little PO'd at the LC right now... Cue the rant;

I got the front seatbelts pressure washed the other day and started on the 2nd row. I had to remove the 60/40 seat to pressure wash it (heavy SOB) and that was fine since I had crap in the seat from the PO that was rattling around and I wanted to take it apart to get it out.

I got all the crap out, some pennies, a marble, lame kids ring and other rolley polley stuff that makes noises when hitting the brakes. I went to go reinstall the seats and somehow managed to strip (2) of the bolts... one on each side in the same spot. Sigh... whatever I guess.

I go to close the seat from the upward folded position and one of the teeth is locked up and wont open to clamp down on the floor bar so now I'm REALLY irritated since the seat wont lock in the down position.

The work will continue tomorrow...

Little PO'd at the LC right now... Cue the rant;

I got the front seatbelts pressure washed the other day and started on the 2nd row. I had to remove the 60/40 seat to pressure wash it (heavy SOB) and that was fine since I had crap in the seat from the PO that was rattling around and I wanted to take it apart to get it out.

I got all the crap out, some pennies, a marble, lame kids ring and other rolley polley stuff that makes noises when hitting the brakes. I went to go reinstall the seats and somehow managed to strip (2) of the bolts... one on each side in the same spot. Sigh... whatever I guess.

I go to close the seat from the upward folded position and one of the teeth is locked up and wont open to clamp down on the floor bar so now I'm REALLY irritated since the seat wont lock in the down position.

The work will continue tomorrow...
u pressure washed fabric seats? rofl

I see you! Looks good man.

I swapped out the hood struts yesterday. Now it stays open on its own. 2" lift goes on this Friday along with rear brakes and a brake flush. Then every single fluid will be brand new.

Sup! :cheers:

Got the front right axle seal swapped out last night along with new fluids in front and rear diff. Only fluids remaining that I'm unsure of are brakes and trans which I'll knock out soon.

img_20210511_184227_0f6e57e1234cc2bee52dbc2e345051f0375e8372.jpg

img_20210511_184236_2c64fa1affcc7d8e203d803902f2451d7bf45f65.jpg

New Springs, Who Dis?

IMG_4206.jpg

New @Ironman 4x4 USA Performance Springs in the rear! Measured 19.5" Hub-Fender with the original springs and getting 22.5" with the new setup. Haven't had a chance to drive it yet since the rear axle is leaking a bit, but cant wait. Up next is diff drop, lifting the front to even it out a bit more, and another alignment.

Old-New Comp.png

IMG_4209.jpg

New Rack and Pin, New power steering hoses, New spark plugs, valve cover job. Oil pump gasket replacement. Oil change. should be completed by Saturday 5/15/21
Next will be front and rear Diff oil change.....2003 LC -205,000.

New Rack and Pin, New power steering hoses, New spark plugs, valve cover job. Oil pump gasket replacement. Oil change. should be completed by Saturday 5/15/21
Next will be front and rear Diff oil change.....2003 LC -205,000.
Oil pump gasket, they drop your motor??

Oil pump gasket, they drop your motor??
No Idon't think so.... "8" oil gasket or seal. my buddy is a Toyota Mechanic, that's what they call it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom