What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (74 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I need help getting a Night View Bezel Tan. Tryng to save it. Still works just broken tabs. If I cant locate one then I will have to take apart and glue whatever pieces i find lol. :oops::confused:
20200628_161134.jpg

With only a couple hours away from our departure time, I have bravely decided to not deal with this at the moment. Will tackle this once I get back.
Couldn't make myself to leave them as it is. so drilled another hole in the mounting brackets on the bar, used a fat spacer (left over from diff drop install!) and got her done for now.
20200702_125416.jpg

20200702_125423.jpg

I have the IronMan bullbar, so I don't have the lower crossbar to deal with. Can you turn the brackets around? You might have to redrill the holes on the side. As for light output, it's not a focused light at all. They are really more of a much brighter flood light. Aiming them up helps get more downrange output. Mine are slightly brighter than my high beams. But, they have a much wider spread which is great in deer country.

Been happy with mine for 3 years. Just ordered my Stedi lights which should be a huge improvement at a not insignificant cost (MUCH less than ARB or Baja). Type-X ™ PRO LED Driving Lights Keep in mind, the price in AUS$, so $689.99 is really $477 USD. Still expensive, but superior performance from all my research. I'm switching over a few of my other "Amazon" lights to Stedis as well for the increased performance.

Have those. You'll love them.

Have any pics of this? I just installed some a few weeks ago. I got the ones without steps.

I dont have any pics, but you would notice it while installing them. Mine are the step sliders, so the problem may be isolated to just them.

Replaced my Rube Goldberg REDARC mount (which I made before any 100 series mounts were available) with the new mount from REDARC.

old:
D69F4C7A-8530-41F1-8B7C-01D4E2C7856C.jpeg

New:
8FDE6111-76F8-43E0-BE88-C2697730791E.jpeg
768BF5E8-E49F-4951-A162-E218BE8BFFA6.jpeg

Added a cool Gamiviti antenna mount for my new HAM antenna which was recommended to go with it. Also a cool coax that has a special thinner coax at the end for easier routing. Antenna Brackets — Gamiviti

Comet SS-680SB - 2M/70cm Dual Band Antenna: Amazon.com: Comet SS-680SB - 2M/70cm Dual Band Spring Mobile Antenna (PL259): GPS & Navigation
Comet CK-3M5 coax: Amazon.com: Comet CK-3M5 Deluxe Mobile Lip Mount Cable Assembly: Sports & Outdoors
And until I get a mobile radio installed I got an adapter for my handheld: Amazon.com: DHT Electronics Handheld Antenna Cable SMA Male to UHF SO-239 Female Connectors 6'' Pack of 2: Computers & Accessories

I also replaced the air filters because I have been doing a lot of dirt road driving:
Intake air filter: Amazon.com: Denso 143-3045 Air Filter: Automotive
Charcoal cabin air filter: Amazon.com: Champion CCF1822 Cabin Air Filter, 1 Pack: Automotive

The fit is perfect! I bought a passenger side mount also which will be for GMRS.

6fY0AJs.jpg

9tMez1z.jpg

Last edited:
Added a cool Gamiviti antenna mount for my new HAM antenna which was recommended to go with it. Also a cool coax that has a special thinner coax at the end for easier routing. Antenna Brackets — Gamiviti

Comet SS-680SB - 2M/70cm Dual Band Antenna: Amazon.com: Comet SS-680SB - 2M/70cm Dual Band Spring Mobile Antenna (PL259): GPS & Navigation
Comet CK-3M5 coax: Amazon.com: Comet CK-3M5 Deluxe Mobile Lip Mount Cable Assembly: Sports & Outdoors
And until I get a mobile radio installed I got an adapter for my handheld: Amazon.com: DHT Electronics Handheld Antenna Cable SMA Male to UHF SO-239 Female Connectors 6'' Pack of 2: Computers & Accessories

I also replaced the air filters because I have been doing a lot of dirt road driving:
Intake air filter: Amazon.com: Denso 143-3045 Air Filter: Automotive
Charcoal cabin air filter: Amazon.com: Champion CCF1822 Cabin Air Filter, 1 Pack: Automotive

The fit is perfect! I bought a driver's side mount also which will be for GMRS.

6fY0AJs.jpg

9tMez1z.jpg

Having just gone through this exercise (ham install)...

Why did you opt for the PL259 version of the antenna and lip mount cable, instead of the NMO version(s)?

I initially used a standard NMO cable, that I already had, and need to swap it out for the Comet lip mount cable. I'm leaning toward the NMO variant (CK-3NMO), because it doesn't seem to limit my antenna choices like the PL259 variant (CK-3M5) does.

@heymarv what awning mounts are those? I like how they attach to the factory rails and seem to keep the awning fairly low/in line with the rails. Looks good

Those would be the Rago Fabrication awning mounts for Lexus GX, but they work fine on the 100 series.

I really like 'em. My main reason for these over others was (1): that they attach to the factory roof rack and (2) how close they kept the awning to the body of the car. About as low profile as you get as far as I found.

I installed some name brand yellow fog light bulbs, not LEDs. Yep. That makes me _________ .

100w solar panel installed. Connects to my Rockpals 300w batt. that runs the Alpicool fridge. So far it seems to be keeping the batt topped off while it runs the fridge.

View attachment 2360576

Love it! Been wanting to do the same setup in exact location, how did you decide to attach to roof?

The only nevative i can imagine that's holding me back is unable to mount an RTT anymore.

Love it! Been wanting to do the same setup in exact location, how did you decide to attach to roof?

The only nevative i can imagine that's holding me back is unable to mount an RTT anymore.

I'm actually utilizing some pretty strong magnets that have a 1/4"-20 studs on them that I attached to the pre-drilled holes on the frame of the panel. I could probably add one or two more magnets if I really wanna overdo it, but 4 magnets seems to have it pretty stuck up there. Takes a fair amount of force to separate it from the car. If it moves because of wind I'm likely driving in a tornado, lol.

I'm actually utilizing some pretty strong magnets that have a 1/4"-20 studs on them that I attached to the pre-drilled holes on the frame of the panel. I could probably add one or two more magnets if I really wanna overdo it, but 4 magnets seems to have it pretty stuck up there. Takes a fair amount of force to separate it from the car. If it moves because of wind I'm likely driving in a tornado, lol.
Nice! smart move...where did you source the magnents? I was looking at VHT tape but that's harder to remove.. curious on the magnets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom