What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (15 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Whats the skinny on the trailer? Looks great
It's made by a company call Snowy Mountain Campers in Lewistown, MT. We went with them because they allowed us to customize everything. It has a 100 watt solar panel that runs all the LED lights and fridge. There's a plug in the back for our Camp Chef propane stove as well as a 110 volt A/C shore power hookup. So far we have been very happy with it. Here's some pictures of the build in progress.
Cheers,
Scot
DSCF0768.JPG
DSCF0818.JPG
DSCF0848.JPG

Did the Reese Universal front hitch. With a little grindy grind (in the bumper cover and under bumper sheet metal) and a little drilly drill (in the hitch) it slotted right in.

Will be nice to dump the boat from the front hitch.

Last edited:
Rear brake job, new rotors, pins, boots and pads. Pads were super thin, one was getting into metal backing. And replaced rear shocks with Toyota OEM, what a pain! Changed out some burned out bulbs around the ventilation controls with green LED's, they seem pretty dang bright, we'll see how l like them at night. I used a red LED for the hazard button.

Wanted to get an alignment, shop pointed out BJ bad and steering rack lots of play so couldn't align. Had my usual shop replace lower left ball joint and steering rack bushings, since I didn't want to get in too far over my head. And they told me oil was leaking out of timing belt cover on tensioner, so studying parts and process to do a timing belt job myself, mainly to replace the cam and crank seals. PO had the 2nd timing belt job done less than 3 yrs ago at dealer at 198,000 miles, but all they did was belt and waterpump, nothing else. Then I'll adjust torsion bars to get rid of driver's side sag, and finally back to getting an alignment which started this whole thing :) .

20190331_184310.jpg

20190424_105912.jpg

20190331_142032.jpg

Well it finally happened! I was out grabbing lunch from the taco truck down the street and it twisted off in my hand as I tried to head back. What a stressful feeling that was... Luckily I had a leatherman in my center console so I was able to start the truck. Needless to say, I will be joining the YotaMD club very shortly!

IMG_20190424_134320.jpg

But don't worry, it was a happy ending! Tacos pastor!

IMG_20181108_130241.jpg

Last edited:
Well it finally happened! I was out grabbing lunch from the taco truck down the street and my twisted off in my hand as I tried to head back. What a stressful feeling to say the least... Luckily I had a leatherman in my center console so I was able to start the truck. Needless to say, I will be joining the YotaMD club very shortly!

View attachment 1961034

But don't worry, it was a happy ending! Tacos pastor!

View attachment 1961033

My "like" is for the tacos and the imminent YotaMD fob (you'll LOVE it). I'd put a "sad" face for the broken key.

This evening I finally got around to fixing a wind noise issue that’s been bugging me for a few years.

New window channel run did the trick. I’m amazed at how quite the truck is now. The old rubber was pretty worn out and the sealing foam was flat as a pancake.

If you have a mystery wind noise in the corner of your window this is probably the culprit.

FBCCF3E2-F2A1-4AC9-A95C-CA4B313BAD42.jpeg

09F359D6-83BE-4DBA-AC37-9D40DBB0B407.jpeg

4781617A-6695-4ADF-BCDF-CA9AC29F0602.jpeg

2475B39A-E2A0-4B07-BD34-97AE1804CCEC.jpeg

7E91B06B-7929-4E6D-B218-760D2502CE47.jpeg

Rear brake job, new rotors, pins, boots and pads. Pads were super thin, one was getting into metal backing. And replaced rear shocks with Toyota OEM, what a pain! Changed out some burned out bulbs around the ventilation controls with green LED's, they seem pretty dang bright, we'll see how l like them at night. I used a red LED for the hazard button.

Wanted to get an alignment, shop pointed out BJ bad and steering rack lots of play so couldn't align. Had my usual shop replace lower left ball joint and steering rack bushings, since I didn't want to get in too far over my head. And they told me oil was leaking out of timing belt cover on tensioner, so studying parts and process to do a timing belt job myself, mainly to replace the cam and crank seals. PO had the 2nd timing belt job done less than 3 yrs ago at dealer at 198,000 miles, but all they did was belt and waterpump, nothing else. Then I'll adjust torsion bars to get rid of driver's side sag, and finally back to getting an alignment which started this whole thing :) .

View attachment 1961016

View attachment 1961018

View attachment 1961019
Is the steering rack bushing a while your in there fir the lbj’s , how much labor for that bushing

Finally got around to the A/C condenser cleaner, bought stuff a while back. Opened up the glove box, pulled access door, pulled filters out, and sprayed the Klima Cleaner right in the coils. Let it dissolve, squirted another round to empty the can. Nearly all dripped out of the usual drain, a little on the floor mat inside. Yeah, I hear ya, I'll get to that another day. Let it sit, reassemble.

But it gave me a chance to use my new JIS #2 screwdriver. It works awesome, definitely recommend get yourself a set. No wonder the Phillips always feels like it is stripping the screws, it ain't the right tool for the job!

20190424_183336.jpg
20190424_183528.jpg
20190424_183447.jpg

Did the Reese Universal front hitch. With a little grindy grind (in the bumper cover and under bumper sheet metal) and a little drilly drill (in the hitch) it slotted right in.

Will be nice to dump the boat from the front hitch.
Been contemplating this for my Ironman front bumper. Want to put a folding hitch platform for hunting. Saw an outfitter do this to avoid exhaust contamination while transporting game to camp.
Which part did you use?

Can you post pics of the mounts, please?

Got my sliders on, back breaking install, a second set of hands would've definitely helped.

hx4zNUt.jpg

Is the steering rack bushing a while your in there fir the lbj’s , how much labor for that bushing

I got the LBJ replaced, and the rack bushings (poly) done for a total of $556 parts and labor, dropped off and picked up in the afternoon. I think I could have done it for about $100 in parts, but don't have the tools or facility if things go south, so figured best to pay the price for speed and not get into a hole I can't get out of. The alignment shop that pointed out the LBJ wanted to replace the steering rack, and replace the lower control arm, for about $1,100 so it felt like a good option for me.

Got my sliders on, back breaking install, a second set of hands would've definitely helped.

hx4zNUt.jpg

Looks great... we need details on that molding paint??

I painted the sliders with wheel paint, graphite is the color name, then i coated it with Spraymax 2K clear. Getting dark now i'll take pics of the U bolt mounts tomorrow. I had the cladding and bumpers painted to match the truck color, will take a photoshoot with my DSLR when everything is back together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom