What did you work on tonight? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

PXL_20220123_185125407.jpg
PXL_20220123_193340169.jpg
Finally replaced my fat lip stock bumper with something better. It's a bull bar type thing from a 2005 Tacoma that I welded new mounts on. Now I just need a fat radiator skid plate below it!

"For every poet it is always morning in the world. History a forgotten, insomniac night; History and elemental awe are always our early beginning, because the fate of poetry is to fall in love with (every wore out Toyota), in spite of History"”

51ACEB87-C504-42F2-BAA7-441779A785C7.jpeg

1E69686D-0305-432D-A8BA-94E9CA81A185.jpeg

"For every poet it is always morning in the world. History a forgotten, insomniac night; History and elemental awe are always our early beginning, because the fate of poetry is to fall in love with (every wore out Toyota), in spite of History"”

View attachment 2903738

View attachment 2903743
Cool! It’s like a 4RunnerTruck! Looks like a soft top covering the back end? I am guessing about a 1993? 3.0 liter V6? Maybe a manual 5-speed? I had a black ‘93 for a while, without the custom body work. But most important - what does Scout think?!?

@Dumpolina I think I used to see that thing in the parking lot when I was in high school. Where did you buy it?
Probably, I doubt there’s another that looks like it 🤣🤣
Got it in White Rock. He has another one that’s rhinolined green

Cool! It’s like a 4RunnerTruck! Looks like a soft top covering the back end? I am guessing about a 1993? 3.0 liter V6? Maybe a manual 5-speed? I had a black ‘93 for a while, without the custom body work. But most important - what does Scout think?!?
I think it’s just a parts donor at the moment but I always wanted to cut a 4Runner like this for better snow wheeling… separate the muddy snowy gear from the passenger compartment. So it could turn into a snow buggy

1990 5speed 3.0. Scout’s not so sure yet!

We dropped off the V8 4runner at my neighbor's transmission shop today for filter change and drain/swap on the automatic transmission fluid.

It was drained and filled by Chris at Toyomasters about 20,000 miles ago with no issues. Cross your fingers for me that it all goes well. This begins the maintenance overall I've been needing to do for this year.

P.S. - I'm still alive. Life was a bit of a 4Lo trail for a while.

Soooo…. More 200k+ junk
I think Grant needs an intervention. He gets rid of the Gen3, and buys a Gen2. Dump, you are a sick man. At least you got a tailgate.

I think Grant needs an intervention. He gets rid of the Gen3, and buys a Gen2. Dump, you are a sick man. At least you got a tailgate.
The 3rd gen was like dating a woman with a kid… I did the test drive and decided it’s not for me.
🙂
That tailgate is a big part of it, so are the piles of spare 84-95 parts I’m hoarding that don’t work on a 3rd gen.

The 3rd gen was like dating a woman with a kid… I did the test drive and decided it’s not for me.

:rofl:

I got the 4th gen back from the shop today. ATF and filter changed. She's running really nice. No problems 🤞

The service was $150 in labor + fluid and filter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom