What did you do with your truck this week? (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Watched it for what seems like the first time in two years. Now it needs a good cut/buff/polish/wax.

After upgrading the headlights on my F350, I realized how lousy the stock LX projectors are. Picked up some Morimoto projectors from TRS during their black friday sale, and a pair of brackets from a guy here on MUD. If anybody local wants this for their LX, let me know. I am getting pretty comfortable doing proper HID retrofits.

View attachment 1594483 View attachment 1594484
View attachment 1594731

Daniel come see me. I want to know how to do that for my clients. I talked with them earlier this week. Setting up an account with them so might be able to save you guys some money. Plus I have some other business things we might be able to do some horse trading on.

Daniel come see me. I want to know how to do that for my clients. I talked with them earlier this week. Setting up an account with them so might be able to save you guys some money. Plus I have some other business things we might be able to do some horse trading on.
I'm willing to be customer #1!

Welp, after having a flare ripped off by a fallen tree in Pisgah, I got home and finished the job. I'm going flareless against my wishes but if I'm going to continue offloading this rig I think its inevitable. I prefer the stock look but its a battle I don't think I can win. I used black plastic GM trim buttons to fill the holes. I may monstaliner the body line and below with a color that closely matches. Pics to come. I've missed you all. Its time I get back in the fray.

Welp, after having a flare ripped off by a fallen tree in Pisgah, I got home and finished the job. I'm going flareless against my wishes but if I'm going to continue offloading this rig I think its inevitable. I prefer the stock look but its a battle I don't think I can win. I used black plastic GM trim buttons to fill the holes. I may monstaliner the body line and below with a color that closely matches. Pics to come. I've missed you all. Its time I get back in the fray.
The reduced profile will give you better gas mileage. ;)

I think monstaliner can be color matched to your factory paint color

I just did this same conversion to my LX with the brackets the guy on Mud makes. The Morimoto kit is awesome, can't believe the difference it makes. If anyone is on the fence, go for it!

Guinness stout or AHC fluid?

IMG_1086.JPG

Ordered online from McGeorge Toyota in Richmond. I believe the 2.5L tin cans are discontinued now. 08886-81221 is the 1L bottles and I paid around $10 each. Even with shipping it was cheaper than local options. Lexus of Greenville wanted over $20 each.

Swapped interiors out of the Troll Patrol into the SC’d LX450.

Not planning on potting carpet back in the Troll Patrol since I’m Rhino lining the interior. Ran my main power wires to the back and installed my second battery tray. Now I’ve got to cut a hole in the rear floor and drop in a box that will hole two more batteries and some other goodies. Then start work on platform.
View attachment 1565111 View attachment 1565112 View attachment 1565113 View attachment 1565114 View attachment 1565115

Man those front seats look nice just sitting in there ;)

Got my torsion bars mostly level and nailed the front target pressure.
Looks like I need a 30mm rear spring spacer from Slee to get the rear range right.

Screen Shot 2018-01-07 at 2.52.47 PM.png

Last edited:
I'm passing the graduation test so I think my globes have some life left. But I am still working on sourcing some just in case. I have emails in to the european aftermarket guys and also trying to talk Amayama into shipping me some OEM ones from Japan or UAE cheap.

I thought @beno had a way to get some.

I'm passing the graduation test so I think my globes have some life left. But I am still working on sourcing some just in case. I have emails in to the european aftermarket guys and also trying to talk Amayama into shipping me some OEM ones from Japan or UAE cheap.

Yeah they aren't cheap. I think I'm going to go with the ebay ones eventually. I just cannot stand the idea of putting on used ones and wasting the hydraulic fluid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom