What did you do with your truck this week? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had Proffitt do mine while they swapped the outers to the Diamond. I was dreading this myself.

I seriously doubt an individual would go through making or buying all the tools to do it. It's a major pain in the ass. Worst design ever in my opinion. And the replacement parts are not cheap. The semi float cruiser axles or even full float have a better design. I cringe for the customer when they bring them in with this issue. God what a horrible design.

Dan where were you this weekend. It was a perfect Broverlander event. Right up your alley.

I seriously doubt an individual would go through making or buying all the tools to do it. It's a major pain in the ass. Worst design ever in my opinion. And the replacement parts are not cheap. The semi float cruiser axles or even full float have a better design. I cringe for the customer when they bring them in with this issue. God what a horrible design.

Dan where were you this weekend. It was a perfect Broverlander event. Right up your alley.
I was there since Weds. I stopped by to talk to you but you were swarmed with people every time I tried to say hi so I left you to make money!

I was there since Weds. I stopped by to talk to you but you were swarmed with people every time I tried to say hi so I left you to make money!

You should have come and camped with us. Man I wish I would have seen you. Was a great event.

You should have come and camped with us. Man I wish I would have seen you. Was a great event.
Sure was! I was camped over behind the Juniper Overland booth.

Went camping in Stokesville VA and woke to rain Sunday morning. Letting the tent dry out.........
truck tent 001.JPG

As some of you may have seen in another thread, I have been doing some wrenching on my 40 over the past few weeks. Two weeks ago, I swapped out my stock springs for new OME lift springs. New tires and rims all around as well.
This weekend, I decided to do full fluid change. 75-90 WT synthetic in both Differentials (synthetic was chosen because I already had it in the garage). Also drained and replaced the T-case fluid with Dino 75-90. Used GL-5 in all of the above. Then, I started trying to find GL-4 for the Tranny. UGGGH! No one had it at the big box stores. I found some at Midway Auto in Greer but it was yesterday before I could get by there as they are not open on Sunday. Luckily they had it in a gallon jug, 90WT so I have enough to refill the Transmission with a little left over. Started greasing fittings.... Have you been under a 40??? o_O There are more grease fittings under there than there are on my tractor. Of course, that's actually a good thing. I ran out of grease and bought more yesterday. So, more stuff to do this week.

I am trying to get the old girl more road worthy every day! Maybe I can hang out with you guys more then....:cheers:

As some of you may have seen in another thread, I have been doing some wrenching on my 40 over the past few weeks. Two weeks ago, I swapped out my stock springs for new OME lift springs. New tires and rims all around as well.
This weekend, I decided to do full fluid change. 75-90 WT synthetic in both Differentials (synthetic was chosen because I already had it in the garage). Also drained and replaced the T-case fluid with Dino 75-90. Used GL-5 in all of the above. Then, I started trying to find GL-4 for the Tranny. UGGGH! No one had it at the big box stores. I found some at Midway Auto in Greer but it was yesterday before I could get by there as they are not open on Sunday. Luckily they had it in a gallon jug, 90WT so I have enough to refill the Transmission with a little left over. Started greasing fittings.... Have you been under a 40??? o_O There are more grease fittings under there than there are on my tractor. Of course, that's actually a good thing. I ran out of grease and bought more yesterday. So, more stuff to do this week.

I am trying to get the old girl more road worthy every day! Maybe I can hang out with you guys more then....:cheers:

Sounds like she's ready for cars & coffee this Saturday!

Wonder if this is in their safety and compliance handbook. 1 Waste Connections truck and 1 UPS truck...Who’s next?

B2CABB05-1533-457A-A2FE-D2AB4D934033.jpeg

2C917300-1B73-4538-9C73-E991A61402EE.jpeg

4BDDF1E3-D566-4DD6-A852-5017B642CEE9.jpeg

Sounds like she's ready for cars & coffee this Saturday!
I would love to come and was trying to figure out how to make it. I haven't gone hunting in two weeks and I am going this Saturday morning then cutting trees for a friend's Dad who has several down across his driveway on Southern Spartanburg from the recent tornados. Not sure how I can make it to Greenville before noon.

I will get to an event soon.....

Swapped interiors out of the Troll Patrol into the SC’d LX450.

Not planning on potting carpet back in the Troll Patrol since I’m Rhino lining the interior. Ran my main power wires to the back and installed my second battery tray. Now I’ve got to cut a hole in the rear floor and drop in a box that will hole two more batteries and some other goodies. Then start work on platform.
B27161C9-552E-4DBA-B3BF-A67F1E7D8043.jpeg
CCB82BCE-4C5F-45BD-97C9-BC033B7ECF97.jpeg
2C341F73-2234-440E-AEF3-7C0257CB3DB9.jpeg
E45FA6B5-E746-4ACE-B2E2-818CB9BDC02C.jpeg
C2BEB277-2243-4386-BB7A-DFBA554C8B3E.jpeg

Since when do you get to work on your own stuff?

After upgrading the headlights on my F350, I realized how lousy the stock LX projectors are. Picked up some Morimoto projectors from TRS during their black friday sale, and a pair of brackets from a guy here on MUD. If anybody local wants this for their LX, let me know. I am getting pretty comfortable doing proper HID retrofits.

IMG_0971.JPG
IMG_0972.JPG

IMG_0979.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom