What did you do with your trailer this weekend? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had it custom made from an outfit called OD Cloth. They make reproduction cloth tarps for WWII army vehicles. I had it done in vinyl instead of canvas as would be proper for the period. This is a husband and wife outfit I believe and everything is custom made. Its by far one of the highest quality bits of the trailer and fits perfectly with the tarp bows I made for the trailer. Came with tarp ropes. Can't say enough good things about the tarp. Group was great to work with. Their website is really dated though. Something out of 1995 so its a little confusing to purchase off their website. I think I had to call them to get this done over the phone as they didn't have a specific Bantam T3-C tarp listed. I could be remembering that wrong. I am pretty sure they can make you whatever you need but they specialize in WWII tarps for various military vehicles. If you have a different type of trailer not of this era then this might not be for you. Here is a link to their site:

Contact Info I have for them:

View attachment 2823591

HTH

I bought a vinyl cover for my M416 from them about 25 years ago and we've used it across the SE, SW, and at least one trip to the NE. The cover is still in solid condition considering that it's been exposed to the sun for long periods, kept the M416 covered during rain storms, and coated with dust and road grime. Good to know this business is still in business.

Loaded the M416 with turtle traps for a research project in Louisiana.

IMG_8064.jpg

Added a lift for the RTT, operating by a electric actuator. I wanted the RTT down out of the wind while driving, but need to raise it to hook up the annex. I build the lift out of wood and a local welder made it from metal.
Also added a battery pack system for the actuator, lights and a future ARB fridge I have. The battery pack charges from my Tacoma or vis solar panels.

8D0CB8F7-F26E-4CD7-85CF-C3679CE40309.jpeg

23D48ACE-8FD6-4AA7-A152-477532424DCE.jpeg

BD48FD69-CB4F-4ADC-B1BE-92948EC45978.jpeg

Looks like somewhere off Qaatal Cyn. Rd. to me, but the whole area looks like that and I could be off by tens of miles.

Looks like somewhere off Qaatal Cyn. Rd. to me, but the whole area looks like that and I could be off by tens of miles.
Very close. This is actually off Apache Canyon Road at Nettle Springs Campground. No other people so it was nice and quiet.

DACD161C-7143-4FE6-98CC-8D394AC4A7E0.jpeg
F3F783CD-24D3-4E23-9AF3-BACD562BB681.jpeg

Ah! I've only been in Apache once, about 30 years ago. Should probably go have another look at it. Used to camp semi-frequently at MP 7.5 on Qaatal, aka "Stinky Tree".

Met up with a friend in Fruita, CO last weekend for a little camping and mountain biking. Weather wasn’t great but we made it work. Apparently people walking by were making some comments on my tire fitment since I had the AHC in low (nearly on the bumpstops) while it was parked.

IMG_20230402_220653~2.jpg

PXL_20230402_163140531.jpg

Solo trip to the TX coast (well, it was lastweekend but still)
M762 trailer with a Bush Co AX27 on a custom aluminum caddy

And a trip to PINS February 25th for the annual Billy Sandifer Friends of Padre cleanup this year:

RTTPortA2.4.1.23.jpg

RTTPortA3.23.jpg

PINS2.jpg

Weathered 15 straight minutes of nickel sized hail coming down at 45 degrees out front of my house in central TX without a dimple(!) No, didnt go anywhere, just a story because I had never seen this much hail come down at once and I'm no spring chicken...
AX27Hail.jpg

Bought it! 2014 Jumping Jack X4

Gilbert, Az --> St. George, UT (hotel) || St. George --> Provo, UT .... bought it .... Provo, UT --> Jacob Lake, Az. (camped!) || Jacob Lake --> home...1,430 mile roundtrip....I really wanted this thing - only made in 2014 and not many of them out there.

1684886038689.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom