What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (70 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Both ways look legit to me! Fixed is fixed!

Um, if you say so!

:rofl:

On a separate note, that’s not the first Jeep to spontaneously burst into flames and it most certainly wont be the last.

Cheers

Uh wow that’s basically art compared to mine. This incident convinced me of the need to carry bailing wire:

6E9802DA-0F9D-47C4-9BBE-0CBCD59A4354.jpeg

That’s tin foil, and amazingly it did actually work

Better than mine

Dang man idk, that’s actually quite pretty lookin...at least I still have the studs, damn. Once that O2 sensor popped out I couldn’t even hear myself think while accelerating in the cruiser

Nope, I wish....Ft. Fisher down in southern NC...near Carolina and Kure beaches. Took the fire truck a hot minute to make it out there...sand was pretty thick that day

Uh wow that’s basically art compared to mine. This incident convinced me of the need to carry bailing wire:

View attachment 2048045

That’s tin foil, and amazingly it did actually work

Wait, what!? Adding tin foil to my list of emergency repair items now :hillbilly:

Um, if you say so!

:rofl:

On a separate note, that’s not the first Jeep to spontaneously burst into flames and it most certainly wont be the last.

Cheers

The officer that showed up at the scene said that a vehicle catches on fire out there about once or twice a year. Mainly ford explorers which he now calls ford “exploders”. Either way, pretty crazy to see how fast s*** can hit the fan like this

The officer that showed up at the scene said that a vehicle catches on fire out there about once or twice a year. Mainly ford explorers which he now calls ford “exploders”. Either way, pretty crazy to see how fast s*** can hit the fan like this

I thought everybody called the Ford Exploders.

Cheers

Exactly what we're thinking. An LX470 would be great for the family, on a daily basis. The 80 is pretty much a trail/camping rig, at this point. My LS gets driven 100 miles, 4 days a week, and the comfort is unbelievable.
My commute is similar, what kind of mileage do you get with the LS? I've been using my 80 everyday and I think a commuter car might have to happen soon.

Long weekend already, finally got to some fun parts.:hillbilly: Last weekend was an axle rebuild so this is more fun. 35s were like 4 weekends ago. This weekend Bumper, winch, DEPOs, wind deflector, oem abs sensor, lights and stuff. Brown Santa probably knows my address by heart after this week now.

Screen Shot 2019-08-04 at 12.35.40 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-04 at 12.35.52 AM.png

Pics or it didn't happen

Next weekend: Spark plugs, spark plug wires and maybe the DEPOs

Also Shout Out to @RFB for the light bar like 6 months ago. Cheers my guy:beer:

Last edited:
Went wheeling.
5838D9B0-3498-400D-8C4F-D15CCC31A4A7.png
7E8472AB-C0E4-4EAC-8C0B-8F8DF26C9637.jpeg
C3C2A849-08C0-47D1-8767-ACC44C4A5115.jpeg
74B9168A-9F04-4553-926B-522FC8A56241.jpeg

Did the crank seal, oil pump seal, and distributor seal thanks to the kit from Wits End. The last oil pump cover screw decided to strip but thanks to one of the pointy phillips bits and my trusty Ford tool, it came right out. Going to strip the peeling chrome from the grill and paint it today since it's already off.

Received some brake replacement parts in the mail yesterday.

c4cfLiHl.jpg

h0aALCvl.jpg

E51FBoWl.jpg

I took my oldest out for a ride and a short hike...

AC4F931A-D5B3-4FEC-8EE7-964E5FB3CECF.png

38C47387-1BC7-4B53-97E5-2AE234934D24.jpeg

Installed new PCV and grommet. 8-10 years is a good interval for grommet changes. Came out in one piece with minimal effort.
HF catch can was clogged so installed a new one.

Rigged up bracket and wiring harness for Depo condenser fan. Big improvement on AC in stop and go traffic!!!!

Replaced rear heater with Alpine powered sub. Also a very nice and subtle improvement.

Added some simple insulation over hole in the torn transmission shifter boot. Temporary fix but good for now.

Finally bought a same-sized spare tire (i know); balanced all 5 wheels.

Everything is good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom