What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (17 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Continued from above. . .
After injecting the Penetrol into the perforated roof panel, it followed capillary principles and bled thru seams anywhere it could. . . this stuff needs 24 hours to dry, so easy cleanup of the excess. I also used low-pressure air into the perforations to spread the Penetrol along the seams.
PENETROL2.jpg

Fresh Penetrol in the gutter.
PENETROL3.jpg

These are the products I used next: zinc chromate and glas-in-a-can. The zinc is a similar formula to POR15, but it is less 'rubbery'.
ZINC_GLAS.jpg

Heavy solids zinc chromate brushed over the cured penetrol.
ZINCPAINT.jpg

Glas-in-a-can into the perforated metal, followed by bondo filler.
GLAS_FILLER.jpg

Continued from above. . .
Sanding and filling repeatedly, with layers of rustoleum primer in grey and then red primer, progressively finer grits of sandpaper and wet-sanding.
FILLSANDED.jpg

A bead of sealant, tooled with a wooden coffee stirrer stick.
SEALANT.jpg

The sealant needs 2 hours to become tack-free; 24 hours seemed like a better wait time, in fact I waited 5 days before spraying the final color coat.
FINAL.jpg

:cheers:

Adjusted valves this morning and added paint dots to the rocker arms. White = intake, yellow = exhaust. One dot designates one set of valves for adjustment, two paint dots designate the other set. White paint pen was a little runny. I first cleaned the rocker arms with carb cleaner.

IMG_8355.jpg

Added some of my Violet tone LED lumen Bulbs and RED ones also to CEL and Brake indicators

Did a Friday Evening pizza 🍕 run in her

" Cement Ghost "
is her name Shop and Parts Road Runner is her new daily game …:popcorn:

Added some Kustom KOITo LED Snow Version HJ61 front side markers and the head lamps H4 semi sealed beams kit too

The 87 FJ60 front end conversion was one of the must have factors almost as much as the correctly done MTM conversion too

You can really stretch a 3FE,s legs wide open with a. MTM , I personally never have drove one like this before in any way and it’s a joy and pipe dream I did not even

know was coming and it came on fast as hell too …

I still don’t fully understand how a full floating factory limited slip HJ61 rear axle works technically , but I know TOP Jimmy / @CenTXFJ60 will skool me hard soon I’m

sure … :D

Lots of ideas and plans so far but just starting with the basics first , all fluids , i mean ALL flushed and updated to full on synthetics..

Clean and adjust rear brakes and inspection 🧐 too of all components,

Got all major tune up parts finally and wow 😮 have they shot up in cost ?

The ignition wires set has a new part # 90919-21451 and they retail for over $130 + for them Alone … 🤔

But pay to play is the rule I know all to well so, I don’t cheap out on mission critical parts like tune up and fundamentals basics

- the almost new 35x12.50 R15 BFG mud terrains are simply too large of a tire for me , so i plan the 70 16" series steel wagon wheels , they come factory silver pewter , and will match the OEM 1H5 Cement paint code well , i originally planned wagon wheels oem rims , and powder kote them color keyed to match paint 1H5 , but there only a 15" x 6.5 JJ oem rim , the 70 series 16" ones are a wider JJ size spec also , your tire options really open up wide with a P series 16" rim bottom line , so here we are and there we go ......

Ordered up the @cruiseroutfit updated big bore all aluminum single reservoir brake master cylinder , I put Same one on the 1/79 FJ55 and holy SH#T what a huge plug and play no mods improvement in basic braking performance out of the dark ages hello state of the art modern materials and technology !

F3457D85-EEF1-4FB9-9DAA-B1EDE4A7CB3E.jpeg
C21DBCB4-076D-414F-B628-548841BCEA79.jpeg
57CBE475-5693-4FD7-AA20-38BA89935E8E.jpeg
64E6888C-B1C5-43A9-9F5C-D335EC62379B.jpeg
6EBF2597-63CC-4DC5-9DAC-7163744CFDB6.jpeg
6880158C-4691-47FC-A63F-85F2DEFE62D3.jpeg
DA184829-CFED-4033-81B8-53D37BC44C6E.jpeg
D9CC3524-2A3E-4549-8000-E7A69C8DF369.jpeg

🍻

Last edited:
Gorgeous!!

How will you fix the lean?
They are the same spring packs side to side so I don't think swapping them will change anything. The rear packs have a leaf pulled out of each one so I could experiment with adding one back on the DS and maybe an add a leaf up front. They are CS004 springs so I might just get new springs now that I have bumpers on. I'll worry about this in about 6 months when my garage is bearable. I've had enough of this heat prepping for SAS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom