What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

very brave for not to have an well sealed snorkel ..
The snorkel is well sealed. At least I think I have done a good job at sealing it.

very brave for not to have an well sealed snorkel ..

That is a pretty common water crossing in my opinion and I don't see the need for a snorkel at all unless you stop.

had the gutters re-sealed last weekend. had a friend do it, he is an auto adjuster and was a body guy......took some begging but he chipped all the old caulk out, no rot under but some surface rust, treated that, used a self leveling sealer, taped it off and repainted. Best $300 I have spend in along time.

A little weekend Excursion

powell_zpsbw5jsqce.jpg

powell1_zpsesbtgyec.jpg

Received a nice set of door panels from @mel lowe . They will be getting stripped down, cleaned and glued onto new backing...
29950439173_b830019bf7_z.jpg

Also received a new portion of the steering linkage, I plan on replacing the upper U-joint as well. Goal is to totally refresh the steering system back to as new as possible.
30496175741_314657f641_z.jpg

That is a pretty common water crossing in my opinion and I don't see the need for a snorkel at all unless you stop.
. I gotta agree with ya on that Nolan , What did I do ?? Took it off mud classifieds as well as craigslist , I love this thing and am gonna sell something else to replace the money I spent on my Hundy

Lake Powell
Ah. I go by there now and again on the way to Vegas, usually on the motorcycle though.
Lots of folks from the Durango area go over there, mostly or boating.
Any interesting trails?

Put on an OME Dakar medium 3" kit a while back. Noticed the LC lean was still there though I thought the kit was supposed to fix that. Didn't worry much but checked and was told the "+" went on the left. Checked that and that's what was there. Other things intruded and finally, today, I pulled the front springs to swap 'em side for side. They both have +. WTF. There is no A or B. They are the same height. I bought them from MAF before they changed hands. I think I'm gonna call OME. Might call MAF though if there's been a screwup at that end I don't really see it's their fault. We'll see.

had the gutters re-sealed last weekend. had a friend do it, he is an auto adjuster and was a body guy......took some begging but he chipped all the old caulk out, no rot under but some surface rust, treated that, used a self leveling sealer, taped it off and repainted. Best $300 I have spend in along time.
I just dropped mine off this morning at a local shop for the same treatment in preparation for new roof rack.

Put on an OME Dakar medium 3" kit a while back. Noticed the LC lean was still there though I thought the kit was supposed to fix that. Didn't worry much but checked and was told the "+" went on the left. Checked that and that's what was there. Other things intruded and finally, today, I pulled the front springs to swap 'em side for side. They both have +. WTF. There is no A or B. They are the same height. I bought them from MAF before they changed hands. I think I'm gonna call OME. Might call MAF though if there's been a screwup at that end I don't really see it's their fault. We'll see.

It's the rear springs that have an A or B spring. Unless you have two A's or two B's.

Just went through this. New to me 60 has very noticeable CL (not the cute endearing CL). In the folder of receipts I found that I have two A springs in back. Called ARB and explained my plight. Guy said "yeah, you should be running an A AND a B spring back there for your 60. Let me send you one." Shipped to my door GRATIS!!!

Wow. That's great service.

I had two A''s. I just took out two leafs on one side and one on the other.

I don't use mine to haul heavy loads so the level stance and the softer ride are really the best and was my end result.

IMG_9529.JPG

Update. Called ARB/OME and talked to Brian in Tech. As I posted elsewhere, and someone mentioned here, The Plus and Minus mean nothing of import to us. The front springs are the same. The rear springs are A & B, A going on the *Passenger Side.* This holds regardless of right or left hand drive. Checked mine and as expected the A spring was on the driver's side. Switched it today and no more perceptible lean. Yay! :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom