What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Going down the servo rabbit hole For the hvac. I agree with others, I will try this once.

D0948031-5778-414B-9ACB-4422510CAC26.jpeg

B4E1E9BC-5625-4F01-8D1B-DDCB277BBE36.jpeg

B30AB0B1-CAD4-4F09-AF32-75D51A0A0B46.jpeg

@xcmountain the HVAC system has four servos that like to act up. One acts up and the others are soon to follow due to superior engineered obsoleteness of the Asain parts. The solution is to save the thousands of dollars required by a competent mechanic who would clearly make your life easier and jump into dash removal. The HVAC system is nestled in a sharp plastic cocoon filled with a lot of brittle proprietary plugs that need to be unplugged. I am one snap away from a gallon of gas and a match solution (just gotta scoot the truck away from my garage first). There’s a ton of safety equipment and steel in the way too. One mistake and it’s curtains!! Oh, and most of the screws and bolts are impossible to get to without removing sixty-three things first. Even then you have to be a contortionist.

@xcmountain the HVAC system has four servos that like to act up. One acts up and the others are soon to follow due to superior engineered obsoleteness of the Asain parts. The solution is to save the thousands of dollars required by a competent mechanic who would clearly make your life easier and jump into dash removal. The HVAC system is nestled in a sharp plastic cocoon filled with a lot of brittle proprietary plugs that need to be unplugged. I am one snap away from a gallon of gas and a match solution (just gotta scoot the truck away from my garage first). There’s a ton of safety equipment and steel in the way too. One mistake and it’s curtains!! Oh, and most of the screws and bolts are impossible to get to without removing sixty-three things first. Even then you have to be a contortionist.
That sounds more fun and harder than the water pump, timing belt, crank seal, vvti cam seal job I just finished. Thank you for explaining it, what are some of the symptoms to watch for.

Ps, I like an aged road flare and damaged lawn mower can for a proper mysterious blaze.

Last edited:
Specifically which servos go out? I'm replacing my dash later this spring - if this indeed a common problem, I might go ahead and do the servos too.

I just replaced my ac evaporator right before Christmas. From all the dashes I've removed from my mechanic days, this one was by far the easiest. It's daunting at times, but you can push through. Main thing is, just take your time. If something doesn't come loose, trace down why it isn't moving. I also understand trying to separate 15 year old plastics and at the same time being forceful when needed.

Also FYI, you will always have some extra bolts left after the job. Those are from the dash fairies.

Roger that!
I just replaced my ac evaporator right before Christmas. From all the dashes I've removed from my mechanic days, this one was by far the easiest. It's daunting at times, but you can push through. Main thing is, just take your time. If something doesn't come loose, trace down why it isn't moving. I also understand trying to separate 15 year old plastics and at the same time being forceful when needed.

Also FYI, you will always have some extra bolts left after the job. Those are from the dash fairies.

Installed Blue Dog Designworks control panel with an extra switch hole. Moved my Redarc brake controller within reach.

1F238266-F1C7-457C-B3E7-51EC706B72DC.jpeg

This woodplastic piece of trim came unglued and got warped in the recent cold we had and i of course broke it trying to flatten it out again. I pulled it off and was thinking of living without it be just doesn't look right woth the rest of the interior trim. Anyone know where i could get a replacement piece or even exactly what that part would be called?

View attachment 3218963
Center console shifter bezel

I've never posted in this section before. Even though I've had the GX for just over a year. Ordered the AlphaEquipt wheels while they were on sale. I'd been wanting them for a long time and finally pulled the trigger. Sold the TRD Pros for what I bought these for and came out as a wash.
Also installed sport headlights and all LEDs in the headlights with the exception of high beams.
Picked up the CF18 flasher relay and a 4runner harness so after about week dealing with hyperflash that is finally fixed too.
Next step get rid of the ugly DV8 Tacoma bumper on the front from the PO. And eventually sort a swingout if I can keep it long enough. I will I'm falling in love now that it's not just black on black on black everything. Looks so much better with the white.

325485157_568767918443256_5759348947487832693_n.jpg

I've never posted in this section before. Even though I've had the GX for just over a year. Ordered the AlphaEquipt wheels while they were on sale. I'd been wanting them for a long time and finally pulled the trigger. Sold the TRD Pros for what I bought these for and came out as a wash.
Also installed sport headlights and all LEDs in the headlights with the exception of high beams.
Picked up the CF18 flasher relay and a 4runner harness so after about week dealing with hyperflash that is finally fixed too.
Next step get rid of the ugly DV8 Tacoma bumper on the front from the PO. And eventually sort a swingout if I can keep it long enough. I will I'm falling in love now that it's not just black on black on black everything. Looks so much better with the white.

View attachment 3234673
nice set-up. Curious a taco bumper fits that well-enough.

Installed Blue Dog Designworks control panel with an extra switch hole. Moved my Redarc brake controller within reach.

View attachment 3229687

The RCSA OFF button matches the CDL button in terms of the inner box. Should be moved up there next to CDL for cosmetic purposes 😂

Finished the hvac servos replacement and reinstalled the dash woth only a few extra bolts. Weight reduction means better mpg….right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom