What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, you remove the dvd controls and bolt the new faceplate in that holds the charging ports. I forget where I got the 3D printed faceplate. I thought it was Etsy but not finding it. (I bought it over a year ago for this project). It was pretty easy once I located a ground and decided to run power from the fuse box. I was prepared to remove the entire center console but glad I didn’t need to.

View attachment 3130289
I got the charging ports specifically because of a write up I saw somewhere that also linked the faceplate. I thought it was here on the forum but I’m not finding it. Edit: it’s really bothering me I can’t find the article or post about it. I’ll keep looking.

Last edited:
Finally found a propane rack on sale.
View attachment 3129951View attachment 3129954View attachment 3129952View attachment 3129953

As my DIYing was going nowhere.
And it mounts with my discovered standard unistrut cam nut into the rhino platform slots perfectly..
View attachment 3129955

Nice find on the rack. Those tanks need to be placed straight up and down so they vent properly. There are special horizontal tanks for that positioning. In all fairness, I really don't know if it makes a huge difference, just something to consider/ research.

Nice find on the rack. Those tanks need to be placed straight up and down so they vent properly. There are special horizontal tanks for that positioning. In all fairness, I really don't know if it makes a huge difference, just something to consider/ research.
copy that.
For me, this is just for transport, I pull the bomb off the off rack for use in camp.
But yeah you're right, liquid inside but gas going out valve if not upright, and some folks just leave it mounted (vertically like you said) when using... 🤙

Last edited:
I was thinking of using this mounting system for my 5lb can and a spare fuel pack as well. It doesnt have to be mounted all the time just when going on trips when ill need it.

1665157845009.png

copy that.
For me, this is just for transport, I pull the bomb off the off rack for use in camp.
But yeah you're right, liquid inside but gas going out valve if not upright, and some folks just leave it mounted (vertically like you said) when using... 🤙
Pretty sure the valve doesn't work unless it is open. ;). The safety protocol is of course to store upright "in case" the pressure relief valve lets go, etc. Worth fixing as the off chance is still a chance and I personally don't think you want a bunch of liquid propane squirting out on your roof.

Making progress on the new rear build out. Definitely not perfect, but good enough for now.

374351B4-715D-44CD-8399-6DC07E31D227_1_105_c.jpeg

BF417271-0387-44AC-8BD8-3C008B6D7AAA_1_102_o.jpeg

Are they able to keep the same towing specs as factory?
I don’t believe any of the aftermarket companies are going to advertise a tow rating due to legal reasons. I don’t see why it won’t meet/exceed the factory standards, it’s beefy with all the factory bolt positions being used.

I don’t believe any of the aftermarket companies are going to advertise a tow rating due to legal reasons. I don’t see why it won’t meet/exceed the factory standards, it’s beefy with all the factory bolt positions being used.
Do you have pics from underneath of how it mounts? I'd love to eventually upgrade to a rear bumper, but tow with my GX all of the time.

Pulled the GX to my sisters Tahoe yesterday just to give the winch a workout, and today I got OBD Fusion lined out so that I can keep an eye on my trans temps while pulling the TT.
9CB95405-0366-4E0B-91BD-F3A140129AEF.png

Looking into options for a cell phone mount on my OHS dash mount.

New headlights (depo, not OEM) installed today.

Taking them tomorrow for lamin-x or ppf at a shop near me. Hoping it helps the depo last longer than a few years. By that time I’ll likely retro fit a set of new OEM with halos and black out the interior. Gonna practice the baking, painting, and re-sealing on the removed OEMs.

Also modified the Nash FabCo rotopax ladder mount to fit the 4 gallon rotopax holder. Feels much sturdier now that it’s held on by 2 locks at the ends instead of 1 in the middle.

Pics coming tomorrow when it’s light out.

F2DC2EE7-4C91-4CFE-A2D5-9C778EA76F15.jpeg

Crummy weather hindered pictures. Today was clear

4504F3D5-092B-48F0-B6E9-B10B1DD136A1.jpeg

Shop threw in ceramic coating on all headlights and ppf for the fogs for free. Definitely won my business, and I’m getting the front windows tinted on the 31st.
6329855E-6587-43AA-8C88-9AF76261C3D7.jpeg

Still not sure how I feel about the 4gal Rotopax. Bought it for a trip this summer to do the Utah BDR, but that got canceled because of a data breach at work.

Had my package of new sway bar end links stolen today before I got home. So much for the suspension bushing refresh I had planned for Saturday =\

First package stolen in 6 years living here, and of course it’s one I need… =|

4BDCB872-CC83-4726-B9E3-1CD1959BBDE8.jpeg

A30EB6A2-CE43-42B8-82C7-3BB4006CAC6C.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom