What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (18 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Will probably pull the license plate rear lamp cover when I have the inside rear door trim off and paint it body color, but it's good for now

I painted my license plate trim piece and my "L" a gunmetal color. My trim piece was so brittle, I broke a few of the clips holding it in and tabs on the trim piece itself.

I used some double-sided 3m trip tape to hold it back on, but the gap won't seal as much as I'd like. Oh well, I'm probably the only person who will notice.

Last pieces of chrome blacked out with Plastidip, probably went a bit overboard on the taping up but I'm a bit OCD and wanted to eliminate any overspray. Will probably pull the license plate rear lamp cover when I have the inside rear door trim off and paint it body color, but it's good for now:

3YZGiUA.jpg

YzkCxPN.jpg
did you paint the bumper reflectors too (previously)?
looks good.

Could you get a shot of the Gobi/roof rack interface? I'm curious... is if frontrunner?

This is stuff I’ve done over the last week:

-Painted Grill, and rear badges a gunmetal color.(with a partial debadge)
-Craigslist find some 255/75/17 BFG M/Ts... Jeep take-offs. Great Price
-Craigslist Find some brand new TRD Trail Wheels. Debating painting them gunmetal like the Grill. But probably just going to leave them alone. Super good deal on these too!
-Hit 200k miles

Hoping to get the “new” wheels and tires mounted over the weekend. After that, gonna start looking into lifts.
C73D13FB-EFA6-4D15-A0AD-C35691A921F2.jpeg
0CC8AF37-1896-4917-9BE4-04F0A545A481.jpeg
2117A810-E1A5-4721-BE79-112A548DA39E.png
BFC98A86-4CC8-46BC-BB22-AB89ADA01159.jpeg
5A11232E-649B-46F9-9DA3-C285BCD7B29E.jpeg

Lighted engine bay

These are crazy bright for their size and since they're COB you can bend them some, too. I put one in my Tacoma topper inside and one on the top of the door so that when it's open it'll shine on the tailgate and surrounding ground. Works excellent and is virtually hidden when not lit since the one inside is forward mounted to the interior light and the one pointing out is on the top of the 3rd brake light when the door is closed. .

There are cheaper ones to be found than these.
Amazon product ASIN B071PFC1H2

Last edited:
These are crazy bright for their size and since they're COB you can bend them some, too. I put one in my Tacoma topper inside and one on the top of the door so that when it's open it'll shine on the tailgate and surrounding ground. Works excellent and it virtually hidden when not lit since the one inside is forward mounted to the interior light and the one pointing out is on the top of the 3rd brake light when the door is closed. .

There are cheaper ones to be found than these.
Amazon product ASIN B071PFC1H2
That's basically what the engine bay light kits use... For $70.

I used these hawkeye DRL LEDs (had a 5 pack from an impulse years ago)
Pretty low.pro.amd sleek. I think there are even higher output ones now too

Amazon product ASIN B07F2T2W5G
IMG_20200523_085126.jpg
IMG_20200523_085713.jpg
IMG_20200523_085700.jpg

Nice I made the same impulse purchase... lol still sitting in my toolbox. how many did you use?
Just one, but two would be amazingly bright.. 👍

I wanted it hidden behind the grill or Lexus symbol though so it's completely stealthy not that anybody would ever look and see it, but...

Beware, the wires are effing tiny... 22 ga? Couldn't crimp, had to fold over each other then solder (sumthin' i suk at)
AND i (sadly with my known ATD), I DIDN'T ROUTE THE WIRING under The weather stripping. 😫
IMG_20200522_202356.jpg

Also, the wide angle lense popped out (age of sitting around perhaps), so may e add a dab of super glue to keep it intact. It really spreads the light better though, so retain the lens!

Maybe someday I'll cut and redo, but unlikely. . . 😖

Last edited:
Ongoing GX power project. I started off with a Blue Sea auxiliary fuse box and a Blue Sea manual cutoff switch for the winch. This weekend I routed power to the back to power the fridge and add some USB ports with the Blue Sea below deck panel. Next up is to buy the X2Power 27F AGM battery and convert to military style terminals.

Does anyone know if a group 31 will fit in the stock location without rubbing on the upper radiator hose?

IMG_20200524_163926.jpg

IMG_20200524_163906.jpg

Drove a few miles to Hudson, NC to pick up some asset protection insurance. The Bud Built family is awesome and very welcoming.

IMG_3476.jpg

Yes, I did 3/16 steel because the factory ones that these are replacing really dont want to go back on without a lot of effort. I am still learning how to drive off road and It seems that the extra weight is worth the protection for me. I can't say enough good things about the Bud Built people.

Ongoing GX power project. I started off with a Blue Sea auxiliary fuse box and a Blue Sea manual cutoff switch for the winch. This weekend I routed power to the back to power the fridge and add some USB ports with the Blue Sea below deck panel. Next up is to buy the X2Power 27F AGM battery and convert to military style terminals.

Does anyone know if a group 31 will fit in the stock location without rubbing on the upper radiator hose?

View attachment 2318968

View attachment 2318969

Do you have a link to that Blue Sea setup as far as the switch, usb, and port? Haven’t seen that one before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom