What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (19 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

been driving for 8 straight days now trying to get to anchorage Alaska from Miami. Upon entering Canada I decided It would be best to change course and ship her from Seattle and fly out there lol. Canada’s fuel prices were worse than I expect and apparently, most the gas stations in the Yukon are closed right now.

View attachment 2205256

I am thinking it a good choice, there are times in early spring when a lot of the stations are still closed

I fabricated the UHMW skid for my RCI aluminum fuel tank skid. Already have the front and middle made. Still need to make the tcase skid.
85085729_10221537011405094_6431148763330379776_n.jpg

How well does UHMW hold up?

How well does UHMW hold up?

Well they use it on rock buggies, rock conveyors and rock dump trucks. So I'm hopefull. Can't be worse than the bare aluminum, tore them up pretty bad when I got impatient and went without the UHMW which I had intended to make before using the ALU skids but it took me a while to source a sheet without paying 180 bucks for shipping.

I just got mine in as well. Going to try and retro them in the original fogs. Still not sure how.
I have a partial write up here: Diode Dynamics SS3 LED Pods - Experience?

There are some good videos for actually removing the fog housings, but it’s pretty simple. One 10mm bolt and a pinch clip per side and they slide out. Then I just drilled a hole in the bumper and dropped the provided hardware through.

alpine ilx w650. Right now I have a alpine mrv-f345 4 channel amp with image dynamics cxs64 components in the front and image dynamics id65 coaxials in the rear.
Will probably pickup a 5 channel amp whenever I mount my kicker compR 6.75” “sub” in stock location. Looking at a jl audio xd700/5v2

I use sub reluctantly since it’s a 6.75”. Hopefully it sounds decent

alpine ilx w650. Right now I have a alpine mrv-f345 4 channel amp with image dynamics cxs64 components in the front and image dynamics id65 coaxials in the rear.
Will probably pickup a 5 channel amp whenever I mount my kicker compR 6.75” “sub” in stock location. Looking at a jl audio xd700/5v2

I use sub reluctantly since it’s a 6.75”. Hopefully it sounds decent

Definitely sounds better than the stock one. Good punch, just lacks a little bit on the bottom end. ... Definitely worth the $80. (Stock amp so far)

took me a while to source a sheet without paying 180 bucks for shipping.
What thickness did you use? Did you source it locally or online? If online, please share :beer:

What thickness did you use? Did you source it locally or online? If online, please share :beer:
1/4"
I found a place local to me on a fluke. There are several online suppliers but a full sheet is 180-200 bucks then shippings 180 ish. But if your in charlotte as your location says there are places in charlotte who can get it

Today I replaced my drivers seat cushion and leather pad. I have only had the GX for a couple weeks, but the comfort was lacking. Figured it was 13 years and 176k miles from new and there was a tear in the leather so I ordered both. It took a couple hours but was simple. Since its Sunday in the south and I found the need for hog ring pliers that I didnt have, I went into problem solving mode and zip ties worked great. If it wasn't for the seat heater it would have been even easier, but you have to disassemble the old leather from the old cushion to get to the heater element. There is a youtube on how to get it off that was on an IS, but it was the same as our GX.

I had some 3m spray adhesive to keep the heating elements in place just in case.

Initial sit feels more comfortable, we will see on my hour commute this week the true result. I also added 3 washers under the seat in front and one in the rear to change the angle. (learned that from seat recline kits on my JK).

IMG_20200209_144832.jpg
IMG_20200209_124504.jpg
IMG_20200209_122836.jpg

Got them from ebay from us auto seat cover. The cushion is good fit and comfortable. I opted for the leather (not synthetic) and the match is pretty close. The older was a little more shiny, but with use and treatment it may end up even closer. I do not think you would notice the difference. I did offer less on both and they accepted. All in all I am pretty happy.

been driving for 8 straight days now trying to get to anchorage Alaska from Miami. Upon entering Canada I decided It would be best to change course and ship her from Seattle and fly out there lol. Canada’s fuel prices were worse than I expect and apparently, most the gas stations in the Yukon are closed right now.

View attachment 2205256
Please tell me that's a joke... I've driven the Alcan 5 times... they are by far the most epic drives of my life. I've done it in Feb (ferried up to Hanes First time as I wasn't sure about the fuel thing) October twice, April, and March.

The fuel isn't a big thing as it used to be. all service stations I stopped at were pay at the pump so you don't have to have the actual station opened... and I did it in an 87 Toyota Pickup with 35's that had a 13 gallon tank and got MAYBE 10mpg (had my motorcycle in the back) in Feb and had no issues with range.

if you did overestimate the drive, please... for the love of god, drive back. I promise you'll want to at the very least buy me a beer! lol

Hope I didn't come off as too much of a prick... just really hope the propaganda of the "closed gas stations" didn't get you... (like I said, it got me the first time, but I was in the military and PCSing up there, and couldn't ship the rig and was still able to drive the last portion from Hanes in the Yukon to Anchorage, as I only had a week to move from Sacramento to Anchorage)

Please tell me that's a joke... I've driven the Alcan 5 times... they are by far the most epic drives of my life. I've done it in Feb (ferried up to Hanes First time as I wasn't sure about the fuel thing) October twice, April, and March.

The fuel isn't a big thing as it used to be. all service stations I stopped at were pay at the pump so you don't have to have the actual station opened... and I did it in an 87 Toyota Pickup with 35's that had a 13 gallon tank and got MAYBE 10mpg (had my motorcycle in the back) in Feb and had no issues with range.

if you did overestimate the drive, please... for the love of god, drive back. I promise you'll want to at the very least buy me a beer! lol

Hope I didn't come off as too much of a prick... just really hope the propaganda of the "closed gas stations" didn't get you... (like I said, it got me the first time, but I was in the military and PCSing up there, and couldn't ship the rig and was still able to drive the last portion from Hanes in the Yukon to Anchorage, as I only had a week to move from Sacramento to Anchorage)
Lol all good bud you don’t come off like a prick just sound like you were air force 😉. I was stationed on JBER too (army) before I got out. Yeah I hear you would have loved to take the drive was really looking forward to it. Trust me I’m bummed out about it but I had to make a choice. And maybe your right but your the first person I’ve met that says it’s a good idea to take the drive during this time of the year. Even the Canadians thought I was crazy lol. I’ll make the drive on the way back next year and if you want Come along I’ll buy you all the beer you want 🍻

Well I just ordered my coil conversion from AllDogs. Now to decide on what Dobinsons suspension setup to go with. It's hard to plan ahead but not too far that the present is terrible.

Is there a rear coil conversion setup that uses ONLY OEM parts?

I don't think the 4Runners use an isolator on the axle at all. I could be wrong 🤷

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom