Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

One step closer to being done with 2020.:lol:

Honeymoon cruise - or, for now, as much of a honeymoon (remote camping) as we felt comfortable having in an age of COVID.
IMGL2508.jpg

Starting at the McPhee tailwater, we followed the Dolores River canyon north across Colorado's southwestern slope--a route worth researching.
IMGL2466.jpg

IMGL2467.jpg

Then east, up the San Miguel, whose lower reaches were barely a trickle, to the headwaters of the Dolores' west fork.
IMGL2512.jpg

We saw a variety of travel trucks, which prompted discussion of pros and cons of different setups and of our possible next vehicle (in addition to the 80, which will apparently never die). In what promises to be an easy marital negotiation, she insists on another Land Cruiser--a pop-top Troop Carrier to be exact.
IMGL2546.jpg

Cheers!

@TWILLY : beautiful stuff as always, and cheers to your beautiful life together. The San Miguel River Canyon is dramatic and under-appreciated... An excellent choice in a striking time of year.

@TWILLY : beautiful stuff as always, and cheers to your beautiful life together. The San Miguel River Canyon is dramatic and under-appreciated... An excellent choice in a striking time of year.

Thanks amigo.

Used the GX 460 to drag our boat up to Powell for a week and half. The Ms. and I rented a houseboat in an attempt to get away from it all. Scenery was, well you can't describe it. Spectacular, every corner on the lake just leaves you shaking your head because you didn't think it could get any more beautiful. Only three drawbacks. 1) The haze from the west coast wild fires really obscured the views at times. 2) the lake was crowded! Spoke to a Utah G&F officer who said last year, this week, they saw a total of 70 boats on the ramp for the week. This year, he said he personally saw more than 70 on Sunday alone and that did not count what the other 4 people saw working the ramp vs just him last year. 3) As nice as the houseboat was, it is not something for only two people to do. Too much work and stress, bring at least a couple of friends, 6 people would be great.

Anyway, on to some pics:
1601844268522.png
1601844327861.png
1601844363960.png
1601844401347.png

1601844218601.png

Last edited:
Had the exhaust redone. I installed the Magnaflow cats about a year ago, and Wesnesday I had Performance Muffler install the rest. Did an over the frame setup with a Magnaflow muffler. Turned out nice. Today I welded up my broken front sway bar mount. Hopefully it holds.

20201004_120649.jpg

20201004_120706.jpg

20201004_120635.jpg

20201004_120732.jpg

Big fan of Performance Muffler, they've done the work for my Tundras and will be going to them again for the 80 soon (hopefully). How are you liking the magnaflow cats? What muffler are you running? I was thinking I'd like the Flowmaster 50 series.

Big fan of Performance Muffler, they've done the work for my Tundras and will be going to them again for the 80 soon (hopefully). How are you liking the magnaflow cats? What muffler are you running? I was thinking I'd like the Flowmaster 50 series.
First job I've had them do, I think they did nice work and they're close by. I just left it there for a few days because I wanted them to take their time on the over the frame piece. I put the cats on myself last year after many check engine lights for O2 sensors, which were new. No more lights.

We went with the Magnaflow 5x8x18 2.5" muffler. It seems pretty stout and should hold up well. It has a nice mellow note, slightly louder than stock with a bit more interior noise but man the truck runs nice. It's noticably more powerful on the low end. Heading up to Kaibab/North Rim etc Friday, looking forward to seeing how she runs.

I had performance muffler put a 50 series delta flow on my 80 years ago, I like it. I have re done most of the exhaust since for various reasons, but was happy with their work. They used those same hangers in Matt's picture and those don't hold up to heat though. I ended up putting a bunch of toyota hangers on over the years.

First job I've had them do, I think they did nice work and they're close by. I just left it there for a few days because I wanted them to take their time on the over the frame piece. I put the cats on myself last year after many check engine lights for O2 sensors, which were new. No more lights.

We went with the Magnaflow 5x8x18 2.5" muffler. It seems pretty stout and should hold up well. It has a nice mellow note, slightly louder than stock with a bit more interior noise but man the truck runs nice. It's noticably more powerful on the low end. Heading up to Kaibab/North Rim etc Friday, looking forward to seeing how she runs.

Is it by any chance the shop in Peoria? That's the only one I've ever been too. Good to hear it's running well and sounds good! I have a Magnaflow on my 5.7L Tundra and I enjoy it but it's definitely 2-3x louder than stock. Haven't been sure how well that would translate with the 4.5 I6, thats good it's not too much louder.

I had performance muffler put a 50 series delta flow on my 80 years ago, I like it. I have re done most of the exhaust since for various reasons, but was happy with their work. They used those same hangers in Matt's picture and those don't hold up to heat though. I ended up putting a bunch of toyota hangers on over the years.

How do you like the delta flow? I think it's a tad bit different than their "Super 50" I was primarily looking at. Notice enough to make it worth the $180 or so?

How do you like the delta flow? I think it's a tad bit different than their "Super 50" I was primarily looking at. Notice enough to make it worth the $180 or so?

It sounds great, not very loud and not much drone as long as the tailipe doesn't exit under the truck. Not sure on power, since I did a single magnaflow cat and 2.5" tube at the same time. Maybe a small increase, and the exhaust is about 30lbs lighter than the original. I bought mine for $50 on Craigslist, so that was part of the decision

Is it by any chance the shop in Peoria? That's the only one I've ever been too. Good to hear it's running well and sounds good! I have a Magnaflow on my 5.7L Tundra and I enjoy it but it's definitely 2-3x louder than stock. Haven't been sure how well that would translate with the 4.5 I6, thats good it's not too much louder.
Yeah the one on Kelton Ln. I would say the exhaust note is definitely louder, it is noticeable at highway speed but by no means obnoxious.

That's funny about the hangers. I was kind of suggesting we reuse as much of the Toyota stuff as possible but he seemed very confident in his hangers. We'll see...

It sounds great, not very loud and not much drone as long as the tailipe doesn't exit under the truck. Not sure on power, since I did a single magnaflow cat and 2.5" tube at the same time. Maybe a small increase, and the exhaust is about 30lbs lighter than the original. I bought mine for $50 on Craigslist, so that was part of the decision
Sounds like a solid set up! And awesome deal.

Yeah the one on Kelton Ln. I would say the exhaust note is definitely louder, it is noticeable at highway speed but by no means obnoxious.
Good guys over there in my experience. And good info, thanks!

Had my alignment professionally checked after I installed caster correction plates.

then went camping.
1F5E6725-E7C7-4ACB-9E1D-9ED3E4D69321.jpeg
9DD16A0B-BE8E-4FCE-9602-25AB2BEDA348.jpeg

Had my alignment professionally checked after I installed caster correction plates.

then went camping.

Nice shop, close to home?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom