What did you do this weekend? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trollhole

THC
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
Mine was family and food. With some Cruiser wrenching.

Fixed my parking brake light. Now I know when the parking brake is on. (Alex!)
Bought a hand throttle and installed 50 %. Need some small chain to hook it up. David gave me that idea. (thanks David)
Rebuilt the windshield washer pump and replumbed it. Works great now.
Wired up the switch for the hot shower pump.
Made the shower enclosure.
Finished the shower plumbing (with hot and cold valves)
Redid all my defrost ducts which had come undone and were broken (now I have defrost)
Filled the rear diff
Fixed my exhast leak permanently. It's a lot quieter and runs a lot smoother.
Replaced the burned bulbs for the lights underneath.
Blew out my heater coil( which was all clogged up.)
Put all the bolts that were missing on the heater system back SO now I really have some good heat.
Replaced the two hoses that go to the fresh air vent on the hood to the tranny hump. They used to fill the cruiser up when it rained.
Sealed all leaks from engine compartment to cab.
Zip tied all loose wires.

Did all this and still managed to keep a fire going for 3 days.

Told my wife I would only be 30 min. Took roughly two days on that one. Got in trouble also.

Things left.

Relocate rear shock mounts. New shocks all around
Power steering. Comming soon
Onboard air. Comming soon
Finish recovering seats who knows
repair hard top doors.
Fix hard top and put it back on.
Make new skidplate.

At least now it's daily driveable.

WOW, YOU WERE BUSY. I ate, in Florence, nice little 3 hr drive. The did hardly anything. watched football and my little girl. (She has been sick all week) I was also off all last week, but didnt get to do much. Did go shopping on Mon. with the wife had a good time since we got my mom to watch our little girl.

again, wish I could get that much done in a month much less a weekend.

ClemsonCruiser said:
I found out I hate electical problems...........

so marshall did you decide to use the york compressor for on board air insted of the a/c system you bought???

Well it's on it's way. We will see. I might try to figure out how to have a dual system. Cause I really don't need A/C in the winter:D

yeah well this weekend, I thought about doing a 3fe engine swap with a t3/t4 garrett Turbo set-up, dual alts and dual batteries, an onboard air system, power steering, h41 and 3spd t-case (50:1 crawl) and even a FJ62 hand throttle conversion............ does that count for anything??? Hopefully all the above mentioned will be done in time for MLK weekend although the H41 may a little out of my budget......

I worked

Hey Marshall if you ever get bored of working on your 40, there is a neglected 62 here in Anderson.

well I ate too much food, my niece was baptised, didn't get much sleep with a 2 year old and 7 month old, bro and sis in law, her parents and my parents all in the house. Was thankful to get back to clemson yesterday for some piece and quiet. Bought my axles, birfs and hubs yesterday. All that's left is to get the knuckle rebuild kit, and new seals and then I should be able to rebuild the entire axle all except the calipers. I have a lead on the calipers and will get those after christmas. Oh yeah will put new brake lines on the axle. Then once I get the calipers it'll be able to roll. Got my rear disk brake brackets a few weeks ago. Once Christmas comes I'll get the rotors, my cousin owns a junk yard, hopefully he can find me some monte carlo calipers for the rear. Then once I replace all the lines I'll be able to stop the cruiser.

Went wheeling with some friends on saturday, washed and waxed her afterwards, changed spark plugs, wires, dizzy cap, and rotor(pretty weak compared to what Marshall's tossing around in a weekend), built a work bench for the garage and started getting it cleaned up for the birf job over X-mas break

Trollhole said:
Mine was family and food. With some Cruiser wrenching.

Fixed my parking brake light. Now I know when the parking brake is on. (Alex!)
Bought a hand throttle and installed 50 %. Need some small chain to hook it up. David gave me that idea. (thanks David)<snip>

Things left.

Make new skidplate.

At least now it's daily driveable.

Way to go Trollhole!
I have a skid plate you can have. You might have to mod it some
as it came from a 60 series. Let me know.
Get the chain from a craft store. You want the links to be kinda open
so they don't kink up.
Congrats on owing a functional DD. :cheers:
Oh, by the way....I just stuffed my piehole and drank myself silly last weekend. :flipoff2:

I was in Australia having a bit of a Barbie with my cruiser buddies in Sydney. :beer: Over there you can get a 100 series on an 80 suspension as an option so you still have the coils. Man how I'd love to have one of those diesel cruisers.....

Mike

Mike, Just have one flown back in the baggage compartment of the L-1011. As a bachelor I know money is not the holdback! And you're right we are jealous!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom