What did you break on your 100 this week? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My transmission and driveshaft :doh:
New transmission ordered. Also getting Slee skid plates so this hopefully doesn't happen again.
Sorry for pic quality, first one is a picture of a picture.

View attachment 2589977

View attachment 2589978

Something something babies and bathwater. Sounds like a pricey fix for so little damage!

To the thread, had my SPC ball joints fail recently. Stripped the part that goes into the star plate and mangled the star plate itself. Joined #stancenation for a couple hours, trailside fix, then swapped new joints in this past weekend.

You couldn’t just replace the broken solenoids???
Absolutely might be an option. Several independent master techs I know have told me that they've tried that and it hasn't been successful in the past. I'm not exactly sure of the reasons, and I'm definitely not an expert in automatic transmissions. We're going to try replacing the solenoids first but did order a reman transmission in anticipation of that not working. So we will see. Give me some insight if you know more about this, I'd love to hear it.

Absolutely might be an option. Several independent master techs I know have told me that they've tried that and it hasn't been successful in the past. I'm not exactly sure of the reasons, and I'm definitely not an expert in automatic transmissions. We're going to try replacing the solenoids first but did order a reman transmission in anticipation of that not working. So we will see. Give me some insight if you know more about this, I'd love to hear it.
I swear I suggested internal failure of your tranny in your other thread. Sorry it seems to have been the case.

both front tpms sensors died this week :flush: i'm going to deal with blinking lights in the instrument panel for a while....

both front tpms sensors died this week :flush: i'm going to deal with blinking lights in the instrument panel for a while....
Died or need new batteries?

Couple of weeks ago now, one rear shock ram hose blew, lost most of the AHC fluid, had two new hoses made up using the ends of the originals. New fluid. Back up and running. :)

Victory!
EC27FA26-7949-49BC-ABE5-679050F3F40F.jpeg

What did you break on your 100 this week?

Thought I'd start a new thread with a similar (but kinda reverse) theme to the "What did you do to your 100 this week?"

We all break or have broken something at some point, why not share some pics, experiences, and lessons learnt?

I'll start, we did a rear main last week in the dunes about 600km's from home. Lesson here is "don't let monkey's work on your car!" That seal only went in 3K ago and looks like it wasn't properly aligned when fitted / you can see gaps between it and the drive flange. Yeah, we went through about 7 or 8L oil getting home and everything underneath now is a bit shiny and sticky :)

pRoDaHS.jpg

6GHRGO8.jpg

RBuOs0M.jpg

fHHzYHm.jpg

8Ehcr9q.jpg
I had my blonde moment this month...
I received my keys from 1010keys and ebay and had no issue programming the immobilizer chips.
I attempted to program the fobs a dozen times and continuously failed. I kept coming back here to look for a process that would work.
It came down to the erasing of all fobs and programming. My orginal key programmed no problem. New keys failed. Then I noticed that the unlock button was also labeled panic. Once I pressed the unlock/panic and lock then the lock fobs all programmed.

20210318_165722.jpg

I had my blonde moment this month...
I received my keys from 1010keys and ebay and had no issue programming the immobilizer chips.
I attempted to program the fobs a dozen times and continuously failed. I kept coming back here to look for a process that would work.
It came down to the erasing of all fobs and programming. My orginal key programmed no problem. New keys failed. Then I noticed that the unlock button was also labeled panic. Once I pressed the unlock/panic and lock then the lock fobs all programmed.

View attachment 2618457
Wow!!! Thank you for posting. There have been a lot of folks that haven't been able to add remotes lately. I wonder if this is the problem.

@DangBird could the buttons be your problem?

Last edited:
Sheesh I broke one of the oil pan bolts, :bang:
C216440C-BD93-409E-A2A9-4FD1F896143B.jpeg

Anyone knows the correct part number for this? I’m getting different parts nos on partsouq.. thanks in advance gents

I just recently bought a 99 lx470 and I’ve found a lot wrong with it. It’s pretty rusted underneath and when removing the skid plate, snapped some of the bolts off...haven’t gotten around to pulling them out yet.
Replaced the main real brake line...6 hr job trying to get them to break loose from rear brake hose and front joint...lesson learned, use heat and penetrating fluid.
I also snapped off one of the bolts (by hand) from the sway bar while replacing the bushings.
While changing out the spark plugs, the damn bolt snapped holding coil pack #2 in...ruined a bunch of drill bits, ended up snapping them off in the hole I was trying to drill out...had to tap it to m8, threaded the damn coil pack and reinstalled...
While baselining all the fluids, got to front diff and stripped the torx 55 in the fill plug...used a 12 star bit and hammered it in lightly. Was able to break the bolt loose and get it flushed and filled.
still trying to figure out why L won’t engage. Used deep creep and was able to get it free from H to N but still won’t engage in low.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom