what causes a cracked 1hz head? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey, my friend recently did a rebuild on 1hz 105 because of a cracked head and piston, he said it is common for 1hz, my question is what causes this crack and how can i avoid this for my 1hz 105 that ran around 220Lkm

Are you turboed?

No. Both N/A engine
Ensure that the cooling system is kept in 100% condition then.
IDI diesel engines are more prone to head issues because the pre-combustion chamber design puts more heat into the cylinder head than a DI diesel, and subsequently into the cooling system.

Ensure that the cooling system is kept in 100% condition then.
IDI diesel engines are more prone to head issues because the pre-combustion chamber design puts more heat into the cylinder head than a DI diesel, and subsequently into the cooling system.
so avoiding overheating situations is the key, right?

Just bought an imported LHD GCC source 1996 HZj80 with an aftermarket turbo, arrived Monday night and I've been driving with a smile on my face all week. It's Friday night and I'm making a list of maintenance 1st priorities, etc...

1) coolant reservoir is low and it has a blue-coolant at the bottom. Can anyone give me a straight-forward answer on what to top this beast off with before I can do a full-coolant-flush?? Thanks for any help

Sold here on Amazon Toyota long life coolant 50 % distilled water and 50% coolant.
Just bought an imported LHD GCC source 1996 HZj80 with an aftermarket turbo, arrived Monday night and I've been driving with a smile on my face all week. It's Friday night and I'm making a list of maintenance 1st priorities, etc...

1) coolant reservoir is low and it has a blue-coolant at the bottom. Can anyone give me a straight-forward answer on what to top this beast off with before I can do a full-coolant-flush?? Thanks for any help

The genuine Toyota coolant isn't 'compatible' with most other coolant and forms sludge when mixed with other coolants.

Thanks AussieHJCruza that's what I thought and why I asked about top-off not what a full-flush would be best. I figured I'd wait to here from others. I'm still looking for any advice on what to top-off with for a few weeks. I suppose I'll just add some distilled-water for now?? Since I don't know what the current blue-coolant is?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom