What are these hoses?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Jul 20, 2016
Centennial, CO
I'm currently disassembling my '76 for a new clutch. There are two hoses that were already severed when I went to take the hump out, and I can't seem to tell where they go/where they come from. They're the ones that pass through the front of the hump, close to the engine. What are they?
(the picture is faaaaar from my current rig, but clearly shows what I'm talking about. )
1976 FJ40 For Sale - Mustard Yellow - FJ40-225452

Screen Shot 2016-07-20 at 11.14.36 AM.png
What Coolerman said. Earlier cruisers have a functioning vent. Yours will be welded shut. I guess they left it there for looks.
cowl drain vents......which were on early(forget when the ended) cruisers....AND on many 3rd world spec fj40/5's right up to 1984

got a heater in your 76? is not......then its proably from south america someplace and has fuctioning cowl vent and drain tubes, Racer here sells reproduction of the drain tubes

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom