What am I missing or did I do wrong? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

POPO AGIE

SILVER Star
Threads
This is the first time I have set up knuckles.
I have FJ60 knuckles for my FJ40 axle and I am using a high steer kit with 25mm trunnions and bearings.

I have a massive differential between the A and B readings. I watched this video and my A and B readings a lot different then his and the differential is much closer on his.

1689467825204.jpeg

I assembled the Toyota SST using bushings for the larger bearing IDs and set the preload at ~5.5 lbs

1689468322957.jpeg

1689468410296.jpeg

Measured the A reading

1689468518364.jpeg

Took the B measurement
MEASURED THE KNUCKLE FOR SHIM CALCULATIONS.jpg

Scribed the line for the axle center line and had scribed the line from the spindle previously

SCRIBED THE LINE FOR THE AXLE CENTER LINE.jpg

I put .028" shim pack in the bottom trunnion and torqued two bolts to 80 ft lbs. Then started with .100" shim pack on top and ended up with over .300" on top and no preload and a massive amount of thrust clearance. When hanging slack the lower bearing rollers are visible.

Installed the steering arm on top and torqued the nuts to 80 ft lbs and don't have 100% thread engagement. You can see the lower rollers in this photo

STEERING ARM INSTALLED.jpg

Any Ideas?

I did mine differently...

20220220_143050.jpg

You measured on the flat that is cut back that would make a big differential on the A to B differential. I will have to reassemble the tool and take it again. I see it now when I blow up my data sheet to 200 %

I will set up the SST tomorrow and retake the A reading.
Thank you.

Georg got back with me and he said the .030" sounded good for the bottom and start there on top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom