What about exporting from the US???? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Admittedly, I haven't really researched this but I've heard some dealer employees and middle eastern friends talk about how a lot of Land Cruisers are purchased here and shipped to Africa and the Middle East. In fact, I have a buyer for my 100 series that's supposed to buy my truck next week and it'll get put in a container and shipped to Africa. There must be some economic margin on this and its got me wondering what our trucks are worth over there?

Is sending a vehicle off to an international location very difficult on our end?

And to my mall crawler super cushy LX, I hope you're ready for lots of sand, heat and potholes. It sort of hurts sending you off to a (probably very) uncertain future :-(

In some countries you save huge duties and VAT by bringing in a used truck.

It used to be that in Eastern Europe, there was such a small supply of decent used cars that guys would buy them at auction in the US, and ship them overseas, earning about $3K profit on each car. Of course, they would send over at least 20 cars to earn their $60K profit.

In other countries, particularly areas like Egypt, Lebanon, Iraq? the local cars there are so very pounded with body damage, that your US truck without very many street accidents in Cairo, is looking pretty good :)

The US is the world's largest automotive market for new cars. It would make sense therefore that the US has the lowest cost on used cars then, in supply-demand.

Overseas in some countries they pay big taxes on any four door LC's, classed luxury. 4 door trooper 70 series is luxury tax. 2 door 70 series pickup is agricultural, no tax.

It looks like my Lexus won’t be going into a shipping container anytime soon. The buyers have stopped responding. Guess I should have asked for a deposit!

But I might need to start looking into this more. Maybe there is some money to be made.

Are there any hoops and hurdles if I want to ship a couple trucks out of the US? They obviously wouldn’t be coming back!

These questions are really for a Mexican lawyer. I'm pretty sure you'd have to pay duty at the border, and that their emissions standards may be far simpler than the US? Dunno.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom