went to FJ Summit...... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Attended the FJ Summit this year.....kinda felt strange being the one of two FJ40's, that i saw anyway, and maaaaan was i lookin'!!....the other being Crawlarado, which is an awesome rig !! I summed it up as "Feeling like an old Harley Panhead at a Buell Rally".......for those who ride H-D, you would completely understand.
I had a couple ask which one was mine, i replied, the only 40 out there, she laughed and whispered to her partner, "Hey, whats a 40?".....i chuckled, grabbed my coffee and split.
Very well organized by the uppers in authority, well thought out and timed. Hats off to the board members.
Saw a few familiars and a couple new friends were made, so thats always a plus, along with aiding a few newbies.
11703259_872822992787870_3841448968309981520_o.jpg

Last edited:
Nice 40! The Summit was great this year, even though there were only a couple of 40's I noticed the percentage of other models of Toyota's increasing and the FJ Cruisers dropping a little. Next year I plan on bringing my 40 so maybe we will have 3. Lol

Do they have a location/date for next year? I was following their photos on facebook and it looks like a good time. Rally the FJ40s!

yes......i gotta say it was pretty tough looking but i am just not a fan of independent suspension...let throw in a solid !!

Was that last pic taken above Telluride???

Took my 40 to the 2011 Summit and there was only one other one, a diesel conversion that Justin of Redline Lane Cruisers was putting the finishing touches on. San Juan Mountains trails are scenic and some fun. My favorite was Poughkeepsie Gulch. Here I am coming up "The Wall" obstacle on Poughkeepsie Gulch:

My only beef with the Summit is the crowds. Ouray is packed, motels and campgrounds are packed, restaurants are packed, trails are crowded, trail groups are large.

Here I am coming up "The Wall" obstacle on Poughkeepsie Gulch: My only beef with the Summit is the crowds. Ouray is packed said:
Awesome pic !! Yes, the San Juans are some of the most beautiful mtns i have set foot on. Glad you made it !!

Regarding the crowds, yeah i hear you, you have to expect a bit of hustle/bustle, especially in such a tight town. I actually enjoy it, the only thing, as my wife explained it to me is, the only common thread between myself and the crowd was simply 4 wheelin'. I was expecting the same type of conversation exchange as....going to an FJ40 rally, but all in all it was fun. Again, the board or members did an excellent job of satisfying the town making the FJ Drivers feel well at home. The best part was leading Black Bear for a few novice drivers. I enjoy being a part of "someones first".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom