Welcome to Veterans' Highway! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Welcome Boomstick and FJ Noob. Enjoy your stay here on the forum...lots of great folks a lot smarter than me on the great vehicles we have. Thanks for your service.

Hello, my name is Aaron, nice to you all. I’m active duty Navy. Joined in 99 and will be retiring in September of 21 finally. I’m getting stationed back in San Diego soon. I have a 04 4Runner that I’m selling cause I just got a 07 GX470 Sport that I love so far. I look forward to learning a lot here and maybe hitting a trail with some of you.

Welcome to the Highway Aaron, thanks for your continued service. Any idea where you want to end up after retirement?

Larry in El Paso

Welcome Aaron! Happy you made it to the magic end in your career. Thanks for your service.

Hello, my name is Aaron, nice to you all. I’m active duty Navy. Joined in 99 and will be retiring in September of 21 finally. I’m getting stationed back in San Diego soon. I have a 04 4Runner that I’m selling cause I just got a 07 GX470 Sport that I love so far. I look forward to learning a lot here and maybe hitting a trail with some of you.

Welcome Aaron and thank you for your service!!

Just joined the forum..
Vincent, 8yr Marine Corps vet originally from L.A., now in Oregon. I was in Comm. (data), stationed at K-Bay, HI with HQBN, and MCLB Barstow, CA also with HQBN. Served 2002-2010. Currently attending the University of Oregon on the GI Bill, go Ducks!
I own a ‘91 FJ80 I bought about a year ago, love this truck! I posted details in the 80s tech forum, for those interested...here’s a picture.
68E27907-966F-4AFB-8E24-7B9B409FF75B.jpeg

Cheers everyone, been on this forum for a minute but didn’t notice the page for vets until now. My name is Yan, serving in USAF since 08. Been building my 60 for past 3 years. Currently in Nor Cal.

E178EA7D-99BD-4637-99DB-24F269C88A85.jpeg

Hi Vincent. Welcome to the highway. Thanks for your service.

Larry in El Paso

Hi Yan. Welcome to the highway. Thanks for your service.

Larry in El Paso

Reactions: MrK
Hello and welcome Vincent and Yan to the forum. Thanks for your service.

Hey @Solace in Solitude ...what if we got a sticky up that was like the one for LC mechanics by state, except “we” could sign up under our locations. It’d give a one stop shop for connecting with local Vets interested in MUD related topics etc.

Really just a reorganization of the running list that’s in the sticky area. People might find it a little more useful.

just tying into what @Big Ed was asking.

Last edited:
Sorry, I resigned, as moderator, a couple of years ago.

THIS THREAD describes the original purpose that @Chungas Revenge and I intended for this forum. But, it’s not a “charter”, merely a description of what we hoped to achieve.

The forum is always open to new vet-related posts... the stickies are only editable by the Highway’s moderator (or MUD admin)

I don’t believe anyone stepped up to become moderator when I resigned.

Anyone with ideas for the forum should contact Woody and request assignment, as moderator. Be sure you ask for full privileges for the stickies as well.

I would appreciate seeing this thread as a sticky, I keep forgetting it is available so I never look at it. As a side, a veteran knows the struggles of another veteran much better than someone who never served and doesn't understand. Please will soneone stand up and become the moderator to take this thread to new heights. I can't, I;m not computer literate enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom